What is a good 7mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abb27ster

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am looking for a warm but comfortable 7mm wetsuit. I loved the Henderson hyperstretch I tried on but heard some poor reviews about them in terms of long term durability. Does anyone own a cressi-sub comfort high stretch suit? I have heard good things about them but I really would like something comparable to the Henderson stretch. I am 5'6 and weigh 130. Any suggestions would be great.

As water gets colder and the wetsuits get thicker, the predominant feature becomes fit. The simplest wetsuit that fits will keep you much warmer than the most feature-filled wetsuit that doesn't fit as well. Personally, I'd avoid any suit that uses stretch to provide fit. That stretchiness comes at the expense of thickness and resistance to compression.

Take a look at custom suits. Some are about the same price as stock. I'm real happy with my AquaFlite. Custom Wetsuits, Scuba Diving Skins, Parkas from AquaFlite.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've been very pleased with my 6.5MM fullsuit from Down130, diving in our local quarry <50 and
in Monterey.

I purchased a Henderson Neosport that is falling apart after a mere 30+ dives, my Seaquest was a POC, but I've had good luck with my Tilos wetsuits. One 7mm survived 650 dives (although the legs did drop off before it was retired).

HOW MANY TIMES MUST I TELL YOU GUYS....THERE IS ONLY ONE COLD WATER WETSUIT.

POLAR QUAD-DENSITY 8/7/6/5

XCEL WETSUITS || OFFICIAL SITE

PS. Henderson is for the wanna-be divers, after you dove with this suit, please find this thread and comment about how happy you are....

Another vote for Tilos......I have a 7/5mm semi-dry that is wonderful. bought off the rack, fits perfect, toasty and $129 at unrealfind.com.

I agree, Wetwear Suits are excellent --pricey, but worth the money. If you can afford one, you can't go wrong.

For more tradational suits, I have used the ScubaPro 7mm, the Bare Arctic and the Pinnacle.

The SP is fine, I prefer the Bare because it has zippers on the ankles to help donning and doffing. Frankly, it also fits me better. It is a great suit.

The Pinnacle is extremely warm, with the rolled collar. In fact, it is the only wetsuit I have ever been too warm in. The rolled collar and a jacket make it difficult to let water in to cool off during a warm dive.

I've seen the Body Glove and I would like to try one sometime to see what they are like --they look terrific.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom