What Info On Diving The SC Lowcountry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DreadPirate

Registered
Reaction score
I am developing a new interactive website for a local dive shop and hope to get some feedback on what data other divers would find useful on the site. GPS list, charts and newsfeed are already planned. We really want to make the site valuable to the local dive community and informative to any divers who are looking to visit. Feel free to tell us what you've seen on other sites that you like and don't like. Any and all suggestions or comments welcome. Thanks!

Pictures. Lots of pictures. Pictures of pretty fish. Pictures of wrecks. Pictures of fossil shark teeth. Pictures of charter boats. Pictures of smiliing happy people. Pictures of...

Dive reports. Actual detailed information about the diving opportunities in your area. How cool is the Cooper River and what about those WWII wrecks?

reefraff:
Pictures. Lots of pictures. Pictures of pretty fish. Pictures of wrecks. Pictures of fossil shark teeth. Pictures of charter boats. Pictures of smiliing happy people. Pictures of...

Dive reports. Actual detailed information about the diving opportunities in your area. How cool is the Cooper River and what about those WWII wrecks?

The Cooper River is a very cool dive, if you see low vis as a challenge and adventure rather than a dissapointment. I always come back feeling great with a few trophy fossils to show off. The last WWII wreck I dove was at the 4ki off Kiawah Island and she had a great reef eco going on around her. Vis was at about 20 feet.

Thanks for your input on the new website. I'll make sure there are large, diverse galleries of local dives.

There are several good dive reports here on the board about Cooper River, The Betsy Ross, Eagles Nest and Myrtle Beach as well as some other local diving. Remember that SC boast the benefit of low vis current diving and tropical diving off shore and that makes it very versitile. R

PS Gray's Reef is off GA if you want to expand your site.

Also, you might want to include a list of known marine life in the waters.

SeaJay:
There's a ton of great information on the Deep South Divers website. http://www.DeespSouthDivers.org

Go to "Dive" and then "Places to Dive."
Hey SeaJay it is great to have the site up and running again. Missed it. I want to read up on the Beaufort 45 which you told me about a few weeks ago. Hopefully we can dive it when Don and I come down in May! I am looking at Saturday, May 22 or Sunday, May 23rd/ Actually, we could dive any day of the week! Will probably head back up to Michigan the following Sunday! Let me know what you think!

There a are a few of us totally interested in more info on the Cooper River. Better maps of the river, dive sites, dive boats and operations servicing the area, etc.

Back
Top Bottom