what/how to say 'wtf are you doing?'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice user tittle Terri. :wink:

Your stupid class interrupted our "fun" diving plans together :wink:

You stole my source of OW tanks, you interrupt my dives, what's with you? :idk:

:kiss2:

You know, this speaks right back to the OP's question . . .

If you didn't know me, or the people I dive with and I showed up at Ginnie with a wrist band that said apprentice, but you find me in the basin, solo with a stage . . .

What would you say to me ???

If you didn't know me, or the people I dive with and I showed up at Ginnie with a wrist band that said apprentice, but you find me in the basin, solo with a stage . . .

I'd think you're making a poor decision diving solo, but wouldn't care about the stage.

I'd think you're making a poor decision diving solo, but wouldn't care about the stage.

Arrgggg your making me nuts . . . why no solo, but stage ok ??? How do you differentiate diving beyond your training ???

BTW, we need to try and get together and dive before I become one of those snobby CCR divers hehehe

Arrgggg your making me nuts . . . why no solo, but stage ok ??? How do you differentiate diving beyond your training ???
Because solo is stupid if you have full cave or basic ow. No stage diving is a limit placed to keep you from the further reaches of the cave when you're new.

I have full cave and "can" solo dive according to my card limitations from what I understand...but don't.

First off, you can't argue having too much gas. And if you're solo, then I'd consider it a buddy bottle more than a stage. But I'd probably strike up a conversation with you, talk about our dive and ask you about yours. My response is going to depend on your answers. I don't automatically assume people are going to do something stupid. You could just be planning to hang out and practice skills while you wait for a buddy so I'm not gonna jump down your throat.

But if you tell me you've got some crazy plan in mind I'd probably ask if you thought it was a good idea, what your backup plan is, etc. Hopefully that would give you pause to rethink if your plan is sound or not.

If it doesn't, at least I have an idea where to find your [-]gear[/-] body later. :)

I think solo in a cave is bad unless you're pushing some small, nasty passage where a buddy is a liability. At apprentice level I'd hope you're not doing that, so it's a poor decision to solo.

Because solo is stupid if you have full cave or basic ow. No stage diving is a limit placed to keep you from the further reaches of the cave when you're new.

That makes no sense at all . . .

When is solo not stupid ?

You feel an apprentice level diver is ok getting to the further reaches of the cave than their back gas can get them is ok ??

Just an FYI, I'm not "mad" just trying to understand your line of thinking :hugs:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom