What have you sold to get money for scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not what I have sold, it's what I am still driving. I drive a 1991 suburban with 480,000 miles. Every time I think of buying a new truck, I stop when I think how much new gear I could purchase and additional training I could take. My old truck still gets me where I need to go and will transport all my tanks, dive gear, fishing gear, and 2 labrador retrievers...and maybe even a dive buddy or two.

Luckily for me I bought a new truck right before I got certified or I too would have a old truck, a 97 Nissan pickup.

When I first started diving I sold my little brother, but the people brought him back.
It's a good thing they did, because I wanted to get a boat next.

Funny thing.........he's never forgiven me for that one.

That's why, to this day, I never let him help me assemble my gear.

Wow, what haven't I sold for dive gear would be a shorter list. It's amazing how scuba motivates you to clean out your closets.

I've sold scuba gear to buy more scuba gear with, I've sold old computers, guns & gun accessories/parts, a car, TVs and tons of misc. tools all to finance this wonderful sport.

And I probably won't stop until my closets are bare. :D

Currently trying to sell my bass boat...

I sold my porta ledge, ice axes, ice screws, entire rack of rack gear which included a few sets of cams, a few sets of hexes, a sets of nuts, a few sets of tri-cams, a bunch of RURP and birdbeaks, haul bags, three white water kayaks and a road bike.

Basically I replaced 2.5 sports for one that doesn't hurt.:D

Ah! A kindered spirit! Out when my Cliff Cabana porta ledge, a huge pile of angles, rurps, beaks, KB's, screamers, a spare helmet, a huge tangled stack of heads & too many hooks to count. Lots of pullys, about 100 biners, a set of jugs, an original A5 hammer, a wilderness hand drill, haul bags, nuts, 4 sets of RP's, aiders, etc, etc, etc :)!

I still have my quickdraws & cam rack & a few sets of nuts although they are pretty dusty, also kept my chest harness gear sling, a set of aiders, jugs, etc, just in case ;-)!

Luvin' this new stack of scuba gear especially my 21W HID light can & doubles :D!

Ah! A kindered spirit! Out when my Cliff Cabana porta ledge, a huge pile of angles, rurps, beaks, KB's, screamers, a spare helmet, a huge tangled stack of heads & too many hooks to count. Lots of pullys, about 100 biners, a set of jugs, an original A5 hammer, a wilderness hand drill, haul bags, nuts, aiders, etc, etc, etc :)!

I still have my quickdraws & cam rack & a few sets of nuts although they are pretty dusty, also kept my chest harness gear sling, a set of aiders, jugs, etc, just in case ;-)!

Luvin' this new stack of scuba gear especially my 21W HID light can & doubles :D!

LOL!

Forgot about my hammer and crampons and plastic boots and my yates screamers.

I only kept a few binners and draws, one harness, one helmet and a couple of pairs of shoes.

It's funny how we think diving can be gear intensive.:D

Now I'm looking at my tools trying to figure out how to get a dry suit!

Back
Top Bottom