SOLD Royal Aqua Master project with tools and banjo fitting. SOLD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

84CJ7

Contributor
Reaction score
SOLD

Due to life circumstances I have not gotten around to sorting this thing out yet and since vintage diving gear is just a fun side show for me i need to put my time and funding back into a major rework of my primary gear.

So this is a Royal Aqua Master I bought off ebay along with Hermans ring nut tool ($35 new) and body wrench tool ($40 new) specific to these regulators so I am including them. I also bought a new production banjo fitting for a pressure gauge from scuba museum ($49 new) which is included.

The pictures cover the condition of things fairly well I think (the duckbill is absent because it was goo) and the yoke knob was replaced with an earlier style at some point. The metal label popped off but it could be glued back on with something.
To highlight what the ebay seller didn't, at some point something heavy like a set of weights was thrown on top of this. The can half with the regulator in it was slightly squashed with the regulator bending the can surface inward slightly (not really visible unless its in your hand), it appears that it could just be flipped over and knocked flat with a rubber mallet once the regulator is removed (I have never taken it that far apart)
The other half the can (where the label normally goes) has a dent on the edge that pushed down the diaphragm sealing surface slightly and will need some careful tapping in the right places on a flat surface to get it back into perfect shape.
I do genuinely believe both can halves are fixable but definitely not a cludge with a hammer job to get just right.
Worst case scenario you would have a complete RAM regulator assembly to stick into another unit as an upgrade since I am fairly sure the regular DA cans are the same part number.

I am already going to be losing money on this project even at $175 shipped.
I'm not even considering separating anything since I have no use for the pieces separately.
IMG_0738.JPG IMG_0739.JPG IMG_0740.JPG IMG_0741.JPG IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0743.JPG

That's a great price for all of it. The can damage can be fairly easily repaired with come careful work and yes DA cans will also fit. I would bet if you ask around, someone has at least a back can for it. It would be a great start for anyone wanting to get into DH diving.

For anyone interested in it (I already have too many :) ), new reproduction rubber parts are available for this reg to put it back into better than new condition. Additionally, there are upgrades that make this a great diving regulator. All the tools, parts and help you might need are easily available.

I haven't been diving this year and so haven't been on scuba board and put zero effort into selling the stuff but if anyone is interested in it at the price stated its still for sale.
I had someone ask about a lower price but since I have no actual need to sell it I don't want to lose any more money than I would getting $175 for it all.
Better to send me a PM as I get email notifications for those and I rarely check in here anymore.

Back
Top Bottom