For Sale KISS Gem SCR Rebreather (SOLD) w/Accessories and Shearwater Predator EXT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M_Heyns

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Putting up my KISS Gem Semi-closed Re-breather for sale. This is an awesome little device, that excellent for someone looking to get into rebreather diving. (See images of system below, from KISS Website)

20140524071931.jpg

It has one day of pool dives about 5 ocean dives. Has been cleaned well and kept in storage outside those dives. Selling it as I haven't been able to dive on it as much as it deserves, hoping for someone else to get some good usage from it. Pictures of my system for sale are attached below.

Kiss Set.jpg

This is a passive semi closed rebreather. It is a completely mechanical system which replenishes the loop with new gas at a rate that is proportional to the divers metabolic rate. The gas is added to the loop at a ratio of approximately 3 to 1, extending the duration of any cylinders gas supply by a factor of three.

The best way to think of a semi-closed rebreather is as an efficient gas extender, which gives the diver the ability to extend the duration of a given gas supply by as much as a factor of three, compared to open circuit use. There are also the added benefits of breathing warm moist air, which helps reduce heat loss and dehydration, along with the reduction of bubble noise, which won’t scare off some of the wildlife.

The KISS website has more details about this rebreather.

I'm selling this complete system for $1700 which includes the following:
  • Shearwater Predator EXT fully unlocked w/fisher cable
  • GEM scrubber head
  • GEM canister
  • Cylinder attachment system (not pictured), which is used to mount the GEM to a scuba cylinder.
  • Loop hoses and weights
  • O2 sensor housing with attached Fischer cable for use with dive computer
  • Counterlungs
  • DSV mouthpiece
  • Zeagle 35lb Travel Wing/Harness
  • Other KISS accessories as well as rebreather care accessories like Steramine tablets to sanitize/clean the unit between dives and Trilolube 71 for o-ring lubricant.
  • 7 new, unopened Micropore ExtendAir #SR-0801C large bore CO2 absorbent cartridges (value $260).
This package contains everything you need to dive this system on delivery, except for a compatible dive computer. I do have a Shearwater Predator dive computer in great condition that I will consider including as well.

Rebreather w/no accessories: $900
Cleaning supplies, travel wing and extendair cartridges: $300
Predator EXT: $500 (if sold as a part of the package), $650 if sold on it's own.
Total for package: $1700.

Thanks!
Kiss Set.jpg Scrubber Canister and Hoses.jpg Accessories.jpg ExtendAir.jpg

Last edited:
Price drop to $1750. Less than half the cost of a new unit and this has only got 5 ocean dives, and contains the ExtendAir canisters which would be extra, as well as the cleaning tablets and lubricant. Free shipping to you, or delivery if local.

mmmm.......your just a ferry ride away......any idea if the GEM SCR can be modified similar to the GEM SCR sidekick? I sent off an email to KISS, waiting a reply from them.

mmmm.......your just a ferry ride away......any idea if the GEM SCR can be modified similar to the GEM SCR sidekick? I sent off an email to KISS, waiting a reply from them.

Post #7 outlines the modifications.
Kiss Sidekick mCCR For Sale

(unit not mine and already sold)

Cheers,
Cameron

I don't see why it would be significantly different than a Sidekick conversion to mCCR, but take that with a heaping dose of salt. :)

Dropping to $1600.

Dropping price to $1400.

Also willing to include Shearwater Predator EXT with Fischer Connector and fully unlocked for CCR/Trimix for an additional $500. So $1900 for the whole setup. Price negotiable.

Dropping price and including the itemized price list including the Predator EXT.

Rebreather w/no accessories: $900
Cleaning supplies, travel wing and extendair cartridges: $300
Predator EXT: $500 (if sold as a part of the package), $650 if sold on it's own.
Total for package: $1700.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom