What got you started in diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

University course offering diving opened my eyes to the beauty beneath the seas.

I hate to admit this but..... I started diving as a teen because it was easier to steal the lobsters out the trap that way. We were far less likely to get caught if we weren't hauling the traps up. :) Then the Army expanded my diving fun.

... I had this perfectly good dive watch that had never been diving.

Now it has :D

I was always curious about diving, wanted to try it...but I thought, in Chicago....noooo...I need to go on National Geographic. Then i met my future dive buddy in Sexual Harrassment training at work...BONUS. Got hooked up with the LDS and over 200 dives later...here I am!

In 1999 I did a discover scuba in Bonaire when i was 29year..
Got my Open Water certificate in 2001, did the course in Holland.

Being the Captain in the fire dept. and my crew were all divers and members of the dive rescue team in Il. I was 45 when I got my cert. by psd. 1 1/2 later over 200 dives mainly in fresh water. Now in Maryland and still going.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom