what gear purchase has made you irrationally exuberant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I never get lost (from each other) with our special hoodies.
D&N belize.jpg

My custom made AL bp [it's so much more comfortable] and my Meg Predator re-breather........

i found pink xl jetfins this week. i've wanted some for YEARS, but they simply didn't make them. there are some in japan, and i went so far as to look into them, but they are very small (smaller folks, way fewer drysuit divers) and i couldn't find any for me.

then i found out tuesday that scubapro had made a very limited run. *very* limited, like pre-orders only. i called and internetted and thought i had struck out of my scuba heart's desire. :(

then, lo and behold - extreme exposures had some! i found out on facebook and the wait to call them at 0800 the next morning was so hard! but, yes! they had pink xl fins!

so what gear purchase made you happy beyond all reason?

Marci, After I read this post on 04 March, I called EE on 05 March and spoke with Doug and have now reportedly purchased their last pair of the SP XL pink jet fins (with spring straps). I'm thinking that this may be my most "irrationally exuberant gear purchase" for 2013! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! I'm waiting to bring them out when our 2013 local RI wreck diving charters begin! No one ever knows what to say when they see large men in pink.

I felt that way about my first Salvo HID light......

My Light Monkey 35w HID.......

My 2006 35 W Salvo HID is still my favorite gear purchase. It may be too much for some caves but it is a beast for New England wreck (and lobster and scallop) diving!

Atomic frameless mask, it's the only mask I've owned that really fits my face.

That's funny, because my Atomic frameless mask does not fit my face and is one of my regrettable purchases. It seemed to fit fine in the store, but the leakage never did completely stop, despite trying all kinds of advice like loosening the mask straps. The much cheaper mask I had for 10 years before the Atomic never leaked a drop.

Definitely not exuberant, either irrationally or otherwise.

I also loved the Atomic mask I purchased when in the store but it has always leaked when in actual use. I remain disappointed as I like the style and quality of the Atomic much better than my SeaVision 2000s but the leaking is too much to put up with.

My datamax sport dive computer. Still have it. Still use it as a backup. Not as excited about it anymore...

Since I replaced it with an Uwatec Aladin Pro that I could download to a computer. That got the geek in me excited!

Just got this for the wife. Happy to have it, hopefully it will have a long life of just being carried around unused.
image_zps1c0eea7a.jpg

Marci, After I read this post on 04 March, I called EE on 05 March and spoke with Doug and have now reportedly purchased their last pair of the SP XL pink jet fins (with spring straps). I'm thinking that this may be my most "irrationally exuberant gear purchase" for 2013! Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! I'm waiting to bring them out when our 2013 local RI wreck diving charters begin! No one ever knows what to say when they see large men in pink.

see, the two people in the whole world who should have been in on the ground floor of the pink jet rumor, and we heard about it waaay after the fact. that actually makes me feel better, since i thought maybe i had missed something. did you buy your boys any? are they still into diving?

see, the two people in the whole world who should have been in on the ground floor of the pink jet rumor, and we heard about it waaay after the fact. that actually makes me feel better, since i thought maybe i had missed something. did you buy your boys any? are they still into diving?

That's what I said to Doug as I previously purchased my pink camo DUI FLX and the pink camo Evolve and Infinity systems from EE. Regardless, thank-you for your post!

My sons do still dive (my oldest went to a commercial dive school after high school) but alas, they have left the pink!

I also forgot to mention that I have just received the special edition pink miflex regulator and bc hoses for both my singles and doubles set-ups. I'll be breaking out these new hoses and fins when we resume our RI charters in April.

+1 for my BP/W...I chose a Dive Rite and have not looked back.

+1 for my dive computers...I love my Atomic Cobalt and Shearwater Petrel

Back
Top Bottom