what gear purchase has made you irrationally exuberant?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i found pink xl jetfins this week. i've wanted some for YEARS, but they simply didn't make them. there are some in japan, and i went so far as to look into them, but they are very small (smaller folks, way fewer drysuit divers) and i couldn't find any for me.

then i found out tuesday that scubapro had made a very limited run. *very* limited, like pre-orders only. i called and internetted and thought i had struck out of my scuba heart's desire. :(

then, lo and behold - extreme exposures had some! i found out on facebook and the wait to call them at 0800 the next morning was so hard! but, yes! they had pink xl fins!

i took them to the pool yesterday, swimming only, no other gear. of course, they were way too big since they're my drysuit fins, and they cut into the top of my feet without boots on, but it was so wonderful to see them wet! i love them & can't wait until they're in the cavezzz!

so what gear purchase made you happy beyond all reason?

I felt that way about my first Salvo HID light. And my bright, lemon-yellow doubles wing was a major score.

Reactions: Jax
I'm not sure if "irrationally exuberant" applies, but after holding out for years shooting film (remember film?) I acquired the Sealife 1400 digital camera/video right after it came out, and smiled an awful lot. I was definitely irrationally exuberant when I acquired my own 02 analyzer years ago. Not anywhere as cool as pink jet fins, though. The closest I can come to that is lime green blades, for use teaching in low vis conditions. Their primary virtue is that they can be seen in the worst vis.
DivemasterDennis

1). A local dive shop called me and told me they had found an old regulator. And then asked if I wanted it (cheap). It was a NIB USD Conshelf Supreme. Somehow it had fallen behind a shelf and was lost for over 30 years.

2). Yellow Jetfins

3). My FIX housing and Canon S90. Though it is getting old now it still is in superb condition. But, I am looking forward to something more in a couple of more seasons.

4). Inon D2000 strobes. I love them.

5a). And last but not least, circa 1968, my uncle gifted me with his then already old USD Mistral. I still have it and still dive it thanks to superb new parts from VDH (and others).
5b). New yellow silicone hoses for the Mistral from VDH.

N

The first time I put on my first Backplate setup made me so happy. No more delayed rolling of the tank, or ride up.

Second best moment was jumping in with my custom skin-in Heat wave wetsuit. Although that involved a lot more bitching because putting that thing on is a pain in the butt. But it was the first time in a long time that I wasn't shivering at the end of my swim in.

Third would probably be sniping a Scuba Pro 109 off ebay for $30. This was after losing several bids at the last second for other items. Unfortunately I now have a 109 window shopping problem. :(

Nemrod, I'm seriously envious of the yellow Jets!

Hands down - my computer. Especially love downloading the logs and looking at the graphs (yeah, I know.... nerd).

Scoring a zero dives Viper Air with transmitter off Craigslist for $200. I was doing my happy dance for days :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom