What does your Tropical travel gear weigh?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My travel gear weighs about 40-45 pounds in the bag.

Fins
Boots
3/2 wetsuit
Regulator set
BP/W with steel plate
Mask
2 small intova dive lights
small repair kit
Mesh Boat bag

The travel bag itself weighs a lot for a bag but it's strong, large and wheeled. The days of traveling with all my gear in the boat bag is done. THAT sucks.

I do realize I don't have any spares or redundancy. I always do have two dive computers - one wrist and one console mounted.

Save-a-dive kit - Somebody else always has one.

......yeah, always easier to sponge spares/parts/tools off of us 'heavy' divers, let someone else take one for the team....... :)

I carry on my regulator set, primary light, and computers, and the checked duffel comes in just below 50#, with 5mm wetsuit, SS plate, and weighted STA. If I'm worried about weight, the weighted STA gets replaced with the non-weighted one, but it makes life easier to have it.

I just had a hair to weigh my gear - so everything currently packed in my dive luggage is 27 lbs.

Pretty standard stuff:
Travel Bag(backpack, no wheels) - 4lbs 4 oz
Mesh Boat bag - 14 oz
Fins - 3 lb 4 oz
Boots - 2.2lb(two sets)
3mm shorty - not in the bag when I weighed it, but one of the boot sets weighs the same.
Regulator set - 4lb 12 oz
BC - 5lb (includes a whistle and thermometer)
small knife -2oz
smb - 4 oz
Mask -10 oz
2 dive lights - 14 oz (no batteries, c size)
small repair/tool kit - 1lb
Snorkel - 6 oz
neoprene gloves - 6 oz
log book - 1 lb

total weight includes some other light stuff that didn't register on the scale on their own like small dry bags for boat use.

Wonder how much lower I can get it to...

Travel:
Frameless mask
Apeks regs
Computer
smb and spool
knife
5mm suit
Al BP/W
18lb wing
Solus b/up
MB-Sub X1-VB (AA)
MB-sub X1-800
compass
fins
boots
gloves
misc spares (Incl service kit)

Including bag and clothes etc it comes in at less than 45lbs. Although I carry regs, lights and computer as carry on. So check in is around 37lbs.

I was just done packing for a weekend dive. I live in the Philippines so warm water gear in my bag consisted of:

1 SP Jacket BC w/ Air2
1 Frameless Mask and 1 spare Mask
1 SP MK10 / G250 regulator / SPG / ORCA skinny dipper Dive Computer
1 Pair Mares Avanti full foot fins
1 surface marker
1 mesh bag

I do realize I don't have any spares or redundancy

What part of Tasmania are you from??

I'm usually packing for me and some gear for other people,
In a Stahlsac Catalina dive rolling dive bag if I bring:
1-2 3mm shorty wetsuit (1 mine, 1 buddies)
2 sets of fins (1 pair full foot that's mine and 1 pair pocket that's usually a buddies)
1 pair booties (buddies)
1 pair neoprene socks
1 pair warm water gloves
1 AL backplate and 32lb oxycheq wing (haven't gotten around to getting the 18lb to attach to the AL bp)
2-3 masks (2 mine, 1 buddies)
2 snorkels (for actual snorkeling, 1 mine 1 buddies)
1 canister light
2 backup lights
1 mesh bag
1 dry bag
1 beach towel
Socks
2 bottles of Sunblock
2 board shorts
2 rash guards

48lbs. For some reason, the handful of trips I've taken with this bag and my gear, it always comes out to a similar load out of my gear and my buddies gear (various buddies) with me bringing everything but tank and weights and my buddy bringing just personal stuff. It also always comes out to 48lbs! I do stuff a beach towel, socks and misc clothes to "pad" everything though.

My regulator, computers, and sometimes 1 backup light and mask stay with me.

Back
Top Bottom