What does "DIR Practitioner" mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain here...

It means the last ScubaBoard group you joined was the DIR one ...

*Flies away*

It means you are better at scuba diving than everyone else is. :rofl3:

Answering as a member not a mod...

As I recall, there used to be a DIR subforum that was read-only to the general population; to post, one opted in by joining the DIR-practitioner user group. This was needed because (in earlier years), there was a degree of angst between SOME DIR and SOME non-DIR folks. The opt-in DIR subforum was a place where DIR people could discuss DIR-related concepts/ask questions, etc, without the anti-DIR folk poking at core tenants of DIR philosophy.

I'm not sure when it went away, but with minor exceptions here and there, it really does not seem to be needed any more. In general, people respect the DIR forum as a place to discuss DIR-related topics and don't try and troll people asking for information or making valid contributions.

Congrats to you @49north on passing fundies! How about adding a class report to the inventory?!?! :)

I joined the user group because I was so happy the day I passed Fundamentals.

I still haven’t figured out how the user group works though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom