What does "DIR Practitioner" mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

means a member of the DIR user group. not sure if you are required to verify having taken a GUE/UTD class to join.

Edit...But my delete key was too slow
:surrender:

Last edited:
I joined the user group because I was so happy the day I passed Fundamentals.

I still haven’t figured out how the user group works though...

Don't let @49north fool you.
The DIR club is a group of (mostly older) divers, all of whom have
Dived. In. Roatan.
A fairly exclusive group at first, they needed some way to set themselves apart as scuba became more popular.
So they made themselves unique.
Each member had a small rock tied with a special knot on their left hip. They each had a short stick hanging from their right shoulder strap. As the group grew, each new member could add something, but the rule is that all the members then had to dive the same way.
Now you'll see all sorts of buckles, and lights, and hoses. And every single diver looks exactly the same. Kinda cool, huh?

:rofl3:
I’d better book a trip to Roatan!

As the group grew, each new member could add something, but the rule is that all the members then had to dive the same way.
Now you'll see all sorts of buckles, and lights, and hoses. And every single diver looks exactly the same. Kinda cool, huh?

He's not wrong... :rofl3:

I'm guessing, "Doing It Right". Beyond that, no idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom