What do you love besides diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since your ob scubaboard I assume you love diving. What else. Besides diving, do you love?
I'm not sure how to make it any clearer.
I don't think @lexvil had a serious question here. Hence the :wink:

I believe the joke is along the lines of "diving is the only thing; everything else is just surface interval."
@Lorenzoid, @rexman24 also doesn't understand the allure of dark, cold water, low vis diving. To him the only diving is pretty fish in 100ft vis blue water.

I have many interests, let's try to place them in order of importance:
1) My family, wife and sons. I love staying with them, even at home and doing noting, or just talking. The good thing is that they share with me most of the following points of the list, so all the others usually include number 1), which is by far the most important.
2) My work. I love my work. Doing research is incredibly stimulating and rewarding. Every day something different, a continuous challenge... And writing computer code is great, it gives you control on a technology to which most people now are subjected passively.
3) Traveling. Luckily enough this is part of my work. So when travelling, and carrying with me wife and sons, I can merge points 1), 2) and 3) simultaneously. Great!
4) Then it comes diving. In the last few years, I did dive mostly for work. And so, again I travel for work, with my family, and I dive in nice locations (such as Maldives or Mediterranean small islands) together with my family members. So adding all points 1 to 4... The BEST!
5) Now my hobbies: motorbikes (enduro, trial), mountain bike (not in the last years, I start being too old, or perhaps is time for an E-bike), trekking on mountains or at the sea coast, skiing, boating, snorkeling, etc.
6) Doing some small technical work at my house or at the mountain house, building IOT systems, electromechanical systems, or simply good old wood work.
This also includes servicing and repairing scuba equipment, or the motorbikes. Here unfortunately only one of my sons shares with me the same passion for technical challenges: my wife provides inspiration for the things to do, and the other son enjoys the output of my work, while not taking part in its planning or execution. During the last three years, due to rescrictions due to COVID and some health issues, what was the last in the list was what I did most, as points 2 to 5 did substantially stall.

And what is wrong with diving in high viz beautiful waters with interesting and wonderful sea crestures?
Nothing, I was just pointing out that according to your previous thread dark, cold, low vis is an oddity for wanting to dive. This, combined with your responses here about people's diving centric thinking, makes me believe that you only live brightly colored fish in tropic environments. Most of which is run of the mill low stress and low challenge diving. This is perfect for casual and vacation divers. The challenge of cold, dark, low vis attracts a lot is people for the diverse nature of hidden critters as well as the new dive centric thinkers. Those of us that dive like that have blowing bubbles in our minds often and generally lean towards that in our non diving time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom