What do you keep in your BCD/Thigh Pocket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vimaldude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I got my self a thigh strap-on pocket, mainly to keep the safety whistle and the safety sausage.

I was curious to know what other things/gizmos do people carry with them in their BC/Dry Suit/Wet suit pockets? I don't like to hang things from my BC D-rings but other than my knife and the safety stuff, I don't have any other things to carry.

doubloons, ----when I find them...

Wet suit pocket - slates (deco + instructor) and, when carried, my spare mask.

Depends on the dive. Sometimes nothing. Other times it could be any combination of the following items ...

- wet notes
- spare mask
- spool and bag
- spare cutting device
- extra backup light
- extra double-ender
- cookies and arrows

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I almost always carry my wetnotes. And after last month's experience, I will never again do a night dive without an SMB and spool. When we boat dive, I may carry a Dive Alert and mirror, as well. When I'm teaching, I have a little bundle of signaling devices and a roll-up snorkel that I clip into my pocket, so as to be within standards.

The OP and I dive the same water. I pretty much always carry the same thing. Right pocket (Wetnotes, spare mask, and shears). Left pocket (SMB attached to spool, Dive Alert, Storm Whistle, extra double ender, signal mirror, and if needed my car key clipped off).

Wetsuit, so BCD left pocket torch, right pocket spool & Mares SMB (attached).

It depends on the dive.

Offshore I carry wet notes, a signal mirror, a small vial of surface marker dye, a whistle and an SMB and spool and a pair of EMT shears. On some offshore dives the MSB may get moved to the plate with a spare mask carried in the pocket. On offshore deco dives, I carry back up tables as well.

In a cave, I carry a spare mask, my safety spool, an extra spool and wet notes and in some cases a back up primary light.

mostly all the stuff i find...
bottles,golf balls,fishing lures(note-not in drysuit pockets)
ps-my house is starting to look a bit "junkie"!!
yaeg

Like some of the others it depends on the dive. I might have a slate or folding snorkel. I usually do carry a tiny back up light in there. Things like my smb and spool I clip on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom