what do you guys like eating after a hard day of diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spaghetti or lasagne might come in a close second for me. I also like chicken curry roti when I'm in the carib but a nice hot pizza really is the best.

The Kraken:
A very large plate of spaghetti with a good meat sauce and a big glass of red wine!
With plenty of garlic bread to sop up the leftover sauce.

the K

you know what, you are absolutely right! i also made an observation about my eating habits, seems like il eat anything but sweets and desert after diving:)

Spoon:
you know what, you are absolutely right! i also made an observation about my eating habits, seems like il eat anything but sweets and desert after diving:)

I think it depends where you’re diving. For me, some fruit like pineapple is rather nice after a dive in Thailand. When I was diving near Sydney, the boat served hot tomato soup and mini quiches—you need that after diving in 16 degrees C water wearing a 5mm wetsuit.

Spoon:
what do you guys like eating after diving?
Fresh Fish, of course :D
Rick

Vie:
I like to eat moules frites.
On the Grande Place in Brussels, with a Mort Subite of course :)
There was a little Moulerie in Mons that served 'em with a cream-curry sauce that has got to be one of the world's tip-top gustatory delights!
Yummy!
Rick
(Vie, can you actually get genuine Belgian moules & frites in Thailand? They're scarce as hen's teeth in the States)

. . . and your little sissy-girl drink with the umbrella and lots of fruit in it !!!
You wuss . . . !!! :D

Just kidding, and you know it!.

Sounds good.

I'm nominating you for head chef at the Oktoberfest.

the K

Rick Murchison:
There was a little Moulerie in Mons that served 'em with a cream-curry sauce that has got to be one of the world's tip-top gustatory delights!

Probably not as good but now you’ve got me thinking about curry chips (the reliable snack post-abusive-beer-drinking).

Rick Murchison:
(Vie, can you actually get genuine Belgian moules & frites in Thailand? They're scarce as hen's teeth in the States)

You can find some pretty close approximation to moules marinières and one used to be able to find a good selection of Belgian beers here in Bangkok but genuine frites is impossible to find. I found a place in Singapore that served (not bad at all) moules frites that was conveniently located near Living Seas where I was taking DIR-F.

junk! chips & dip, cookies, little powdered doughnuts...healthy stuff like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom