What do you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shooter Mike

Reaction score
When you plan a vacation do you plan a "dive vacation" or a vacation that will provide you with the opportunity to dive? How far have you travelled to dive? I've dove in three locations so far - of course Okinawa, then Guam and then Trunk Bay in St Thomas, Virgian Islands. The opportunity presented itself to me since I was there on orders. I'd like to plan a dive vacation someday, but I think that will have to wait until the kids get a little older.

I'd be willing to travel to the moon and back if the diving was good. Sweriously, getting there can be a big part of the adventure. I never let distance discourage me.

Stay safe,
SWT

I can't imagine travelling with about 30kg of dive equipment, between myself and my wife, just in case there is an opportunity to dive. Before we travel I research the destination and the dive sites and talk to other divers that have been there. We make contact with operators and try to make backup plans to make sure we can dive.
The one thing that really gets me is when we have gone to great trouble to get to a certain region and then the other divers booked on the boat don't want to do a certain fantastic dive just because they will have to face a couple of hours of plowing through rough seas & weather to get there. I don't mind being seasick all the way there and all the way back to do a good dive.
Fortunately with 3 divers in the family we often make up a minimum boatload & this makes planning a lot easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom