What Dive Ops have boats with Giant Stride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sit on rail but face the water. Stick one leg out and roll off. On small 6 pack boats they are so close to the water it should work.

When I back roll (and im a big guy) I can def feel the tank as I hit the water at terminal velocity lol. So I can understand the OPs issue. But Id find a way/op to work around it vs going with a cattle/slow boat though. Find someone with a side door. Ive seen several nice boats with them that are 8 passenger. Theres a really nice white boat I have seen that has a side door. Wish I could remember who it is.

Scuba Club Cozumel didn’t seem like a cattle boat when I went out on it. With three whole divers on the boat.
Ok, I've not been out on theirs. It looks crowded to me, but maybe not.

boats_reefdiver2C.jpg

Theres a really nice white boat I have seen that has a side door. Wish I could remember who it is.

Wasnt that last the Living under Water boat? Tended to sink a few time after they cut that in. Somewhere I have a video of the Maximus pulling that boat I think off the bottom.

Mine was definitely a different boat.
Sorry, I left not out of "Ok, I've not been out on theirs."

I don't love roll back entry. I have the down loaded sheet of Dive ops.
What entry of boat would I look for to do giant stride entry and not roll back.
(have back issues that roll back is not the best for me)

thank you

I didn't see the back issue part - personally, talk with whatever OP you want to use and see about putting your gear on in the water.

If you have back issues, you do not need to be walking around with that weight on - 95% of the ops here would help to put on and take gear off in the water. This isn't some he man macho show, you're on vacation, relax and enjoy it - put your stuff on in the water.... Don't even think that is an odd request, we do it here all the time.

Dive Palancar does giant stride.

Find someone with a side door. Ive seen several nice boats with them that are 8 passenger. Theres a really nice white boat I have seen that has a side door. Wish I could remember who it is.
The op I use (a nice white boat) has a side cutout for retrieving gear. Personally I would never want to try and do a giant stride entry from there. Its bottom is about six inches from the deck, and its bottom is about 1" wide. That bottom is not reinforced with anything so I expect that standing on it could damage it. None the less, you would have to step up six inches (with all your gear) and balance on a 1" wide piece of fiberglass, while ducking so as not to hit your head on the overhead canopy. So I think it would be very unsafe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom