What did you try this year that was "new" in your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New fins. I bought Mares Avanti Quattros before my last trip, and didn't use my Biofins once. :)

I've used so many different fins and Mares are always still my favorite, both Avanti Quattros and waves :)

Last edited:
First trip to the Philippines

First experience with hammerheads (Red Sea)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Where in the Philippines?? Love Puerto Galera and Dumaguete. Just did Hammerheads in the red sea Oct '15...fabulous!

Drysuit, night dive, doubles and planned deco dive.
Merry and Happy to you all!

First deco dives, including 100% O2 deco. And I got my full cave cert. So overall major progress last year.

GoPro implemented....

Saw only my second sturgeon in 25 years of diving!
upload_2016-12-23_19-49-30.png

And a few of these guys:
upload_2016-12-23_19-50-27.png

upload_2016-12-23_19-51-18.png

My best image of the year:

upload_2016-12-23_19-52-27.png

Started targeting lionfish this year. Took a good spine to the knee cap recently. I'm still learning.

Ran my first photo class as the primary instructor at the Blue Heron Bridge, and practiced shooting up from 125' for the first time in Grenada.
28191512782_ce67748652_z.jpg
26944167813_7959183b68_z.jpg

I bought Cathy Church's former camera rig and have been working at improving my photos. Found a new reef off Palos Verdes California that has been very fruitful as far as animal sightings are concerned. Just in the past couple of months I've found a flatworm and a nudibranch I had not seen in nearly three decades of diving locally. I discovered that cheap gauntlet fishing gloves are just as good as more expensive blue smurf dry gloves.

Back
Top Bottom