What did you try this year that was "new" in your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Educated myself. AOW and Rescue Diver certification this past year...put all to the test diving Florida...meh.....and Cozumel...YEAH, this year. Oh, and a pair of Nova fins! There the bomb.

Got a couple of lift bags & started hunting anchors to sell on craiglist.
Started diving the party coves on Table Rock lake& it made for some interesting dives, we found around 50 anchors among many other interesting things this year. Anyone need an anchor? I still have about 25 for sale.
No thanks, they would just weigh me down...

I switched to steel 120s. Found a pair on Craig's List and am really happy with them. Each one is like an afternoon at 40 fsw.

I got my youngest daughter certified, discovered teenagers can still roll their eyes with disdain in full scuba. Been doing more buddy diving because of it.

Finally getting convinced that my wetsuit is ready for retirement... Well.... maybe.... I keep saying that and decide to get one more season out of it. On the bright side the new pee-hole works really well.

- bought my own scuba gear, switching to BP/W

- hit 100 dives on December 23rd

- 45% of all dives to date done this year

- first time diving Indo - North Raja and a few day dives in Komodo

- added a single strobe to my UW kit and got a better wide wet lens

Goals for 2017:
- strive for at least 20-30 dives / year
- maybe get a second strobe
- rescue diver course at home (In Dutch waters tougher conditions than my regular tropical diving, looks like a fun challenge)

Started Drysuit divign at the beginning of the year. Still have a love hate relationship. Love being warm and dry. Hate the extra faff with buoyancy, being disconnected from the environment and having to carry weight.

Started to professionally guide, which offers a whole different perspective on things...

Started scootzing to offshore pinnacles for 200ft dives ..... furthest so far that we've successfully hit was .45mi

_R

First cenote dives in which I had my first barotrauma. Occurring on the 2nd of the dives, I was able to surface in a cavernous area for a minute or two and then continue on without further problems (although I did spit blood afterwards.) No more problems on the following dives which were a day later, thank goodness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom