What did you try this year that was "new" in your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One new shore site in CT--Merwin Point. OK. Typical of CT. Otherwise nothing new.

Still a few days left, but anyway:

For me:

--First time scrubbing a boat bottom using scuba gear (34' sailing sloop). More work, and less vis, than you expect. A suction cup with a handle (window glass grip, or even a small toilet plunger) is essential.

Cleaning a Saber 28's hull; the one that I crew on during the summer racing season. No suction cup, though; I either grab the keel/rudder/etc, or just fin to stay in place. Burn lots of air for only being 6' down ;-)

Tried UV lighting on some night dives in Bonaire. Light was a bit underpowered for the full fluoro experience though. May well play with it some more in 2017.

Moved to a more DIR approach to diving. I've always had a BP, but I got rid of the comfort harness and started diving just single piece webbing, moved to a long hose, and got rid of console for brass SPG.

After years of diving only the warm clear Caribbean, I decided to give the waters off the Jersey coast a try. Cold, green and somewhat less viz but damn I'm hooked now.

I began diving this year and look to greatly expand upon that basic knowledge base in the coming year.

OW Class at Beach Cities Scuba

Got a couple of lift bags & started hunting anchors to sell on craiglist.
Started diving the party coves on Table Rock lake& it made for some interesting dives, we found around 50 anchors among many other interesting things this year. Anyone need an anchor? I still have about 25 for sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom