• V-Planner Live

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • GAP X1

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • MultiDeco-X1

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
What decompression software do you run on your Liquivision X1 and why did you choose that one?

MD-X1, so I had the option of using Buhlmann with Gradient Factors.

Conventional wisdom was that VPM wasn't optimized for hard recreational diving (live aboards @ 5 dives/day, all NDL). Because I prefer VPM for obligated dives, I thought MultiDeco might give me the flexibility to mix diving styles. However, even in hard recreational diving, VPM at +3 has been excellent for me, so I've only used Buhlmann rarely, if at all.

So, I've used the X1, running VPM, with Ratio Deco as a backup. Or is that Ratio Deco with VPM as a backup? ...Actually, if pressed, I would admit that I run them both, and select my profile from which of the two was more conservative.

All the best, James

My original X1 was a demo model. It came with VPM, and I was asked to allow it to run, so I did. The profiles matched so perfectly with what my primary deco calculation tool (RD) was generating, that I have never turned it off, even in the unit I bought.

Accumulating data are making me question the wisdom of very deep stops, however. But the deep stops I was taught to generate from RD are deeper than what VPM wants, anyway. I'm gradually moving the first stop shallower. So far, VPlanner live hasn't gotten annoyed with me at all.

Accumulating data are making me question the wisdom of very deep stops, however. But the deep stops I was taught to generate from RD are deeper than what VPM wants, anyway. I'm gradually moving the first stop shallower. So far, VPlanner live hasn't gotten annoyed with me at all.

Are you diving Helium ? How can one take a look at these dive profiles ? I am curious about how shallow you can move an obligatory deep stop with helium, without the computer intervening.
I have not been diving Heliox or Trimix Open Circuit SCUBA for a long time, and have never used a computer for this. Usually if we are untethered we do our deep stops on a schedule thats printed and have communication with top side supervisors. The last stops are done in a chamber. 

Are you diving Helium ? How can one take a look at these dive profiles ? I am curious about how shallow you can move an obligatory deep stop with helium, without the computer intervening.
I have not been diving Heliox or Trimix Open Circuit SCUBA for a long time, and have never used a computer for this. Usually if we are untethered we do our deep stops on a schedule thats printed and have communication with top side supervisors. The last stops are done in a chamber.

Here's 60,000+ dive profiles using VPM-B live.

V-Planner Live dive database

VPM-B doesn't do deep stops as per Pyle stops. The 1st stop is deeper than a vanilla single phase algo due to the differences in what they are trying to limit. VPM-B is limiting the critical gas volume, bubble size. Single phase algos are limiting pressure differentials, & therefore stoping bubble formation, with "M" values. That was the theory anyway.

Chasing "m" values lead to what has been called a bend & mend methodology. Limiting bubble size leads to deeper stops, but not as deep as some of the more arbitrary deep stop procedures.

I dive with MultiDeco-X1 - it gives me the most options for algorithm choice, including a new one in its recent release - VPM-B + GFS (gradient factor surfacing) - I dive VPM-B but if I am needing my computer to match with team mates using another algorithm\computer, its all possible with multideco. Havent had a single problem with the software or hardware of my X1 yet.

Back
Top Bottom