What computer do you own...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by cybordolphin
What computer do you own?
Suunto Cobra with compass. Back up is an Orca Skinny Dipper.

Are you happy with it?
I am very happy with it... I even bought one for the wife.

Is it console or wrist mount?
Air integrated hose mounted console.

Where did you buy from, and what did you pay?
I bought it from an LDS for $605 (including compass). I firmly believe in building a relationship with the LDSs in my area.

I purchased a Suunto Viper on a console with a compass from the LDS for about $500 I love it very user friendly once you scan the manual.

I have an EON, and I really like it.. I was tempted to upgrade to the "LUX" edition (with backlight), and now I am tempted to upgrade to the Cobra.
I like the Cobra, but the EON is still working (knock on wood), and it does the job.

wetone:thumb:

I have the Suunto Mosquito. I love it. It is wrist mount. I got it from my LDS for about $400, alot more than online but I wanted to support my LDS.

Chad

Put me down for a hose integrated Aladin Air Console II W/compass - $360. My backup in an old ORCA Marathon. I have an extra Marathon (never used) if anyone is looking for a good backup - $100.

My Wife uses a hose integrated Oceanic DataMax Pro W/compass - around $450.??

We both like our present computers, but we are now waiting to upgrade to the hose integrated Aladin SmartCom Console W/compass because of the nitrox compatability - $600.??:boom:

Mine are :
Oceanic data plus-console mounted.
Backup : Orca Skinny Dipper mark2- hose mounted.

Costs : Oceanis $250 (part of an upgrade promotion)
Mark 2 : $300- long ago when it was "the latest"

Miked

My wife and I both use the Oceanic Data Max Pro Plus. She has the compass mount (I pefer the compass on my left wrist). I purchased both form a source that is no loner actice (shop in L.A on EBAY). I paid $450 each. The typically retail with a discount is $550 to $650. Large screen is a plus to the vision challenged.

Aeris 500 AI (Air integrated console) for primary and Aeris Savant (wrist mount) as backup.

Bought at LDS's (different ones). 500AI: $700, Savant: $300.

Happy with them both. They have the same basic buttons, functions, display, and profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom