• Navy Seal

Votes: 9 1.1%
  • Blue Reef

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • other

Votes: 353 45.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie99 once bubbled...
My 100M (Casio) watch, did fine at 143', and has spent lots of time below 100'. I wouldn't trust it to those depths after replacing the battery, but the battery life is long enough, and I put enough dings into the crystal watch face that it is time to get a new one after 3+ years when the battery wears out. YMMV

I pick up cheap Casio's for my dive watch. For fancier stuff, I rely on my dive computer (and instead of buying the expensive PC interface, I picked up a SENSUS PRO data logger...$110 complete).

Anyway, the Casio 100m watches do fine diving if you just remember to two things:

1. To resist the temptation to push any buttons anywhere other than on your safety stop.

2. To always take it to a genuine Casio Factory repair shop when it needs a new battery (around $10).

I had a $40 Casio TS-1000 that went ~15 years and a half dozen factory battery changes...figure <$10/year lifecycle costs...before I made the mistake of not checking it long enough in advance of a dive trip for the factory's typical ~2 week turn around. I had a local jeweler do the "While-U-Wait" battery change and it flooded on the very next dive.

If you want to refine this technique a little further, the factory provides a 30 day guarentee after the battery change - - just take it in to have its dead battery replaced ~3.5 weeks before your dive trip, or whatever's appropriate for your local Factory repair shop's turn-around. Just plan to get it back ~1.5 weeks before your trip (a safe margin). This gives you the factory 30 day guarentee in which they'll give you a free replacement watch in case they messed up their battery replacement.

-hh

The St. Moritz "Zero" has been excellent. It was designed specifically as a dive watch as about half of their watches are. Jet black finish, smooth rotating bezel and clear instrumentation do any depth most of us go to. The band is also heavy duty. Was also lucky enough to have my Girlfriend get me one of their out of water watches for my birthday. They are so elegant and simple and worth the look. Some people out there will feel that they have "found" what they have always been looking for.

First was a Tag 2000
then was a Tag 3000
followed by a Breitling ColtOcean
Just yesterday a Seiko Scuba Diver

Reason for not using the Breitling anymore is that the servicing of the automatic is the same price I paid for the Seiko. And the Seiko is Automatic as well!:wacko:

Hey someone who could unravel the mystery of the extra button on my Seiko. It is a Kinetic Sports 200. The back states it is rated to 20 bar. the Model Number seems to be 5M43-0A49. There is a button above the Set Date Time Screwdown Button. When pushed this second button advances the second hand exactly thirty seconds forward and the hand then stops for thirty seconds and then starts again. I have not noticed anyone being frozen in time or slowed or even my having been sped up. I have tried different settings on the Benzel then pushing the myserty button but can still not get the Space/Time Frezzer Distorter function to work so I am quessing that is not the function of this button. Please, any insight as to it's function would be appreciated.
PS - If you help me get the time frezze button to work, I will be at the Divers Direct in WPB on a :30 second shopping spree. :D

(the above statement was made entirely for jocular amuzement only and is not to be confused with a plan or desire or intent to actually steal or plan to steal anything at divers direct or any other store selling scuba equipment or selling anything anywhere, in the known or unknown universe.)

I'm afraid you've got me stymied on this one - I don't know anything about the Kinetics. Sounds like a chronograph function to me - you should be able to download the manual on seikousa.com. Good luck!

St. Moritz millennium cost $100 Canadian and are bomb proof.

I use my Casio Pathfinder. It's only rated water resistant 10 bar...but I've had it to 153 ft and even pushed all the buttons...no problems. Digital compass comes in handy with the backlit display. Altimiter gives you a negitive reading at depth, but im not sure how far it will go. Didnt try it at 153 ft. Also has temputure and barometer which come in handy. Survived the dust in Afghanistan and the Salt water just seems to keep it clean. I think I love this watch. I paid about $150 for it at Costco!

cheers,
Clay

PS: my Citizen eco-drive it ok too, but it cost $500. and doesnt do nearly as much.

Citizen Hyper Aqualand....cost me $78.00 new & 15.00 for the cable to download. Works great!!! Now if I can get that deal or near on a Suunto cobra...That would be SWEET!!!!!!!! :eyebrow:

Coz

no it was not stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom