What bit here do I use to open D9 Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonniex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Working on discovering the proper attachment to use here to open my D9 for a battery change. I have this tool that has various bits.

Please recommend which bit here out of the four is the best choice for this Suunto D9

I think number one is the best bit for the wrench but you tell me

Thanks

Divesummit
2d2f78l.jpg

I owned a D9 several years ago and my memory would have thought either 3 or 4. Have you tried the various bits to check which produces the best contact/leverage on the D9's backplate?

I recall seeing a thread here describing in detail how to change the battery on a D9, maybe worth checking out first.

Is is worth the extra effort and risk to do this yourself?

Yes, that is the one!

Dan_T: Unfortunately I do not know.

Thanks. It looks like I have to send mine in to SUUNTO on the next battery change. I messed up the head while unscrewing it, but managed to replace the battery & retightened it back. It may not work next time.

For those who like to DIY, make sure to get the right tool for the job & to loosen or tighten the screws squarely (perpendicularly) to the screw head. I did it at night, tired after work and unscrewed it at an angle & chipped off a bit of the Phillip (+) hole & turned it to more like a cone hole.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom