What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When people swim along holding their LPI

You have a wetsuit on and you pee while you're on the boat??? Huh! :wink:

Could be a medical problem, like mine. I must pee between dives, and right before each dive when wearing my 7 mil farmer john (not a problem underwater with the body suit or shortie for obvious reasons). This becomes especially annoying in late Fall here with temps. maybe at 40F. No fun at all putting half a wetsuit back on. I also take pills for the problem.

You have a wetsuit on and you pee while you're on the boat??? Huh! :wink:

:no:

Don't be making fun of people when you haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

My biggest pet peeve is when another know it all comes on board or on scubaboard and always looks to make their self look more intelligent by belittlement of other divers or members. Of course it never really bothers me personally it just puts the whole sport in a bad light when new divers see veterans looking to make their self look more experienced or intelligent.

Lots of things used to bother me, already most of them mentioned in the thread but I have done enough dives now that if one of the bothersome things occurs I really don't mind as I know the ocean is not going away and the next time will be better.

I think one of my BIGGEST peeves with the diving world is women's sizes. 4th Element is coming out with a very intriguing new undergarment . . . and has no intention of making them in women's sizes. Bare has this interesting new stretchy dry suit . . . that doesn't come in women's sizes. Whites made beautiful boots for the Fusion . . . but not in women's sizes.

We are NOT small men!

(And in some things, like reel handles, nobody bothers to make the things for small men, either.)

Finding a properly fitting wetsuit for my wife (who's petite and slender) is hard enough! I can only imagine how difficult it must be to get something properly fitting in the drysuit department! :shakehead:

I think one of my BIGGEST peeves with the diving world is women's sizes.
I have a similar problem because my hands are SO STINKING BIG!!! My Fusion is almost unusable because I can't get my hands through the wrists. :shocked2:

:no:

Don't be making fun of people when you haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

That's right, because by the time you do make fun of them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes :D

My pet peeve of the day: not telling someone if they have a black smudge on their face. Good grief, I got in my car today to drive home and when I looked in the mirror I noticed that I had a black mark all round my mouth. My first thought was that it was from the Oreo cookie I just ate but then I realized that it was probably a black mark from the brand new reg mouthpiece I just bought this week. It was the first time using it and it must have left a mark round my mouth. Well, not one of the guys with me after that dive said anything, they just let me pack up all my gear looking like a complete dork. I'm pretty sure one of the women who were there earlier would have said something.

Men! Sheesh :shakehead:

That's right, because by the time you do make fun of them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes :D

My pet peeve of the day: not telling someone if they have a black smudge on their face. Good grief, I got in my car today to drive home and when I looked in the mirror I noticed that I had a black mark all round my mouth. My first thought was that it was from the Oreo cookie I just ate but then I realized that it was probably a black mark from the brand new reg mouthpiece I just bought this week. It was the first time using it and it must have left a mark round my mouth. Well, not one of the guys with me after that dive said anything, they just let me pack up all my gear looking like a complete dork. I'm pretty sure one of the women who were there earlier would have said something.

Men! Sheesh :shakehead:

I noticed your from SA? Where do you dive?

Would you rather I turned your air off to get your attention? :rofl3: I have had some OBLIVIOUS buddies, and the only way I could get thier attention was to grab a fin.

Maybe I should say "tugging on my fin for no good reason to get my attention if you are not my buddy"

For instance if I am enjoying myself for whatever reason and someone tugs on my fin to show me something I just saw two minutes ago.

I would prefer to be oblivious sometimes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom