What are your biggest pet peeves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would you rather I turned your air off to get your attention? :rofl3: I have had some OBLIVIOUS buddies, and the only way I could get thier attention was to grab a fin.

I would hope they would have their spare air with them when you were to do that! :devious:

Flashing LED lights (see the colors thread), and divers who are not my buddy who don't understand personal space e.g. fin tugging, or I've been diving several times with a diver (NOT part of my buddy pair or triple) who has more than once tried to swim over and "change" or "check" my gear configuration while underwater. I know where my stuff is and why it is there, my buddy and I did our checks, they know what the deal is, you are not my buddy, so grabbing at my weight belt at 45' is not necessary, so shove off.

Somebody tugging on my fin just as I press the shutter whilst taking a photo :mad:

Apparently you've never dived with idiots who were roto-tilling the bottom and grabbing or kicking everything and everyone around them. That sh!t pisses me off.

You may have a point there. I dive with my boat and my friends or on their boat.
But still, no matter how my life has been in general, once I'm on the boat and headed out to the reef (which is pretty much every weekend), and then see the crystal clear water of the reef dropping into cobalt blue....it'd be real hard to piss me off.

You may have a point there. I dive with my boat and my friends or on their boat.
But still, no matter how my life has been in general, once I'm on the boat and headed out to the reef (which is pretty much every weekend), and then see the crystal clear water of the reef dropping into cobalt blue....it'd be real hard to piss me off.

Now you're just making me jealous!

Well, that's you ... and I'm happy you get to dive in such perfect conditions ... but not everyone does ...

Around here, on those rare days when vis gets up over about 30 feet, people actually start taking time off work to go take advantage of it before runoff or plankton blooms put it back to more "normal" conditions. There've been times when I've been diving in what for us is excellent visibility, only to have another diver cross my path and turn everything around me (and behind him) into 5 foot or less visibility. Once that happens, the silt will take hours to settle.

So yeah ... that can be annoying ... because it's completely preventable with just a little bit of effort and consideration for your fellow divers.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, I would have liked that about half a dozen times, if it were permitted! Silting is definitely my number one, biggest, grumpiest peeve of all.

Bob, I would have liked that about half a dozen times, if it were permitted! Silting is definitely my number one, biggest, grumpiest peeve of all.

Well . . . you have to be careful with that . . . . :blinking:

My instructor and I were diving, and there was a huge cloud of silt in our path. I deftly navigated around it, but was thinking ugly thoughts about the OW class and their instructor. Delightfully, a big catfish swam out and ahead of me, and distracted me. (Look, a frisbee!)

Afterward, I was fussing, "What was with all that silting . . ?"

Instructor - "Didn't you see all those fish? They were rooting for food - that's what all those fresh, upturned holes were . . . "

:doh:

Back
Top Bottom