What Are The Riskiest Things In Your Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
love is the riskiest thing in my life

there are quite a few people i love whose loss would be devastating

i can handle almost any physical pain (so far), and death is easy. emotional pain is far worse, and lasts much longer, and takes it out of you.

Dude I should report you to the mods for being so damn profound . . . :shakehead

Driving my car in Atlanta
Driving motorbikes in SE Asia and Mexico
Living too fast

I commute over a mountain pass in the wintertime. That's definitely the riskiest thing I do.

I ride horses. I've been hurt a lot of times doing that. That's probably the highest risk of injury, but not the highest risk of death.

My family has little cancer, no vascular disease other than in smokers (which I have never been), and is long-lived on both sides. However, both of my parents are demented.

I figure I'm much better off doing things that carry a risk of death, rather than looking forward to a long, lingering death by inches as my brain fails.

Traffic accident: In this I include not only the icy, sometimes flooded roads or just normal traffic at home. But also riding my MTB and being a passenger or driving in countries where the only rule is that there is no rule (Phillipines, Egypt, Italy, USA etc)...

Assault: Besides the "obvious" dangers like people "snapping" or just a drunken brawl there are places I travel to where the cash I carry could propably feed a family for a year, sometimes desperation is a powerful motivator...

Diving: How could I NOT put it here. In my "defence" I do decodives in wrecks, caves and under ice...often in fairly cold water...TBH I suspect that it shouldn´t even be on the list...

Correcting my wife – especially if it involves high speeds or firearms.

Dying of old age before I’ve finished living all the things I want to experience.

Helping to train a friend’s very crazy dressage horse.

Everything else is up to me to control the level of risk I’m willing to assume at the time whether it’s flying in bad weather, driving my motorcycle without a helmet, racing a waverunner, or wondering if a crazy student is going to try and drown me.

grazie42:
or driving in countries where the only rule is that there is no rule (Phillipines, Egypt, Italy, USA etc)...

That is funny, I was thinking most of Europe(Das Autobahn) and South Korea is where I've seen the worst drivers.....oh, and Canadian Truck Drivers.....

Posting on SB is my riskiest thing in my life.....what happens if the MODS kick me off because I stand up against the ATTACK OF THE LIBERALS......and people are worried about global warming.....

That and asking my beautiful Bride for a raise in my allowance.........:D

Working on a live 4160 volt system with an MIT graduate for a boss (You want me to do WHAT???).

Four more years to retirement if I can stay alive or at least stay outside the blast zone.

I ride a street bike,Katana 750 !

I also drive a fuel tanker hauling 8800 gallon's of gasoline At a time, four loads a night! They call us petrolium driver's Suicide jokey's

I do major off road trip's (jeeping)

But the most danger of ALL, I raise a 16 yr old daughter as a single parent!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom