What are the chances that TS Rina will blow out out diving later this week or worse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I-97 was well inside the Caribbean, north of Bonaire I think, but Weatherunderground.com showed it had broken up by noon I think.
don
sometimes i think you say this kind of stuff so we can all get a good laugh :D:D:D
Yeah, well, it's good to be funny but I miss my own jokes at times...? :confused:

1: Yes, several generator related CO deaths happen after every big storm of any kind in the US.

No, I doubt that they sell home CO monitors in Coz as I doubt many homes have heating. :idk:

My neice in Tuscaloosa had a CO monitor that plugged into the wall, but no battery backup, and my brother & his wife drove out that night with a generator and other tools, so I encouraged them to be careful. I made sure that all of ours had battery backup.

Ok. You putting up the pesos on 2 days or 3 days the airport is closed? Giant WW Margarita? Several Rounds of Sol at El Fish? Call it. I'll bet on sweetness and light. You gonna put up for gloom and doom?

How long the airport is closed? No but I will bet the time from the first flight interruptions to flights being back to totally normal. I would say 2-3 days just like I said.

Correct me if I'm wrong but were flights even suspended for 3 days after Wilma?

Hurricane Wilma, which hit the region in October 2005, forced the closure Cancun and Cozumel airports. Cancun airport closed on October 21 at 6pm and reopened on October 24 at 8am; Cozumel airport closed on October 21 at 3pm and reopened on October 23 at 9am.

Actually it was closed for 42 hours...BUT....I am sure the time from the first flight interruptions to being fully back to normal was much longer.

Well this is getting a bit off topic, for the record if anyone took offense at my post please accept my apology. I am just really relieved this is not looking as bad as it did. I lived through Katrina, and have studied tropical cycone genisis every year since. My point earlier is that no two seasons or storms are ever the same. Studying historical data is one reference tool. But it is no substitute for true current conditions and science.

Can't we just focus on the folks still in harms way and help them by not making a bad situation worse
The news today is very good, no?

How long the airport is closed? No but I will bet the time from the first flight interruptions to flights being back to totally normal. I would say 2-3 days just like I said.

Hey, now your hedging. You said:
Now that it has been weakening maybe flights will only be cut off for 2-3 days we will see.
(Emphasis added)

You said CUT OFF, not 'other than normal' It snows in Upper Watoski, NY and the flights might not be normal in Cozumel. Sure as heck weren't when Dallas had ice on Superbowl Sunday, but that's another story....

I digress. Back to the point: The bet is, your words, 'flights cut off', not problems in the overall flight scheduling. I wouldn't bet on that on a sunny day....

So we on or what? Margaritas, beer, you call it. Heck I'll even bet a dinner at El Moro.

Is that like a little old lady from Pasadena? Or do you really have one?
Pics of her house are on my FB account. Look for the pickup in the garage with a giant tree crushing it all. She is there too but hardly ever posts.

Thanks to all for the early information that was really helpful. The decision I made eventually was to cancel but immediately rebooked for late November and added in a couple more days to the vacation and so besides claiming a couple more vacation days I will also get to support Coz itself. I hope and pray that the effects of the weather are mimimal on Cozumel but I felt from a pure safety position it did not make sense for me to come into a situation where there was the potential for harm. It is now looking like it will not be the worst as expected and for that I am happy. I only hate the fact that I have to start another 5 week countdown (and the fact that my 3mm will now be replaced by a 5mm - I am a wuss)

I will say one thing and that is that there is a disturbing trend on SB - Coz forum of late for a couple of specific individuals to take a stance that seems to bring out the ire in everyone. This is true whether we are discussing the weather, hamburgers or the SM incident. I first noted it with the SM threads but it is becoming increasingly pervasive and for such a happy Island the Coz threads are becoming decidedly aggressive. Guys can we just get along and if not can we start ignoring the couple of individuals who seem to raise the ante each time

Chris

well get on the Nov or Dec thread. If you are still there in Dec, we can meet up and drink the drinks I am going to win off Wsopfan! :cheers:

What bet? BTW Flights cut off does not mean no flights are allowed to run in or out of the airport it means the PEOPLE who are looking for flights at the airport. If people from Canada or who knows where can't get the same flight for days that is what I was talking about. I will gladly take payment in SOL.........Chris66 good choice.......don't worry about people going off on forums happens everywhere has been for years. I have seen some forum debates that you would swear they all had 200 IQ'S........alot of the recent comments in the Scuba Mau thread were way out of line but it happens. If you get a norte while you are there check with Dave at Aldora and see if he can get you on any dives on the east side........maybe this storm will uncover more things nobody has seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom