Question What alarms do you want on your dive computer?

What alarms do you want on your dive computer?

• Audible alarms

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Haptic alarms

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Audible and haptic alarms

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Visual information only

Votes: 46 52.3%
  • Other (designate in post)

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt I'd feel a haptic alarm through my dry suit. I wonder what percentage of CCR divers dive dry suits vs wet suits. I'll start another poll.

You will. The first time it happens, it will scare you not knowing what it was and it will take you few seconds to understand what's going on and calm down.

Good on shearwater, that's excellent!

I always thought that bezel should have been metal, but not going to pay to upgrade! Buzzer and extra tank pressure channels make sense too, but I wouldn’t use those features myself. Good incremental update.

I always thought that bezel should have been metal, but not going to pay to upgrade! Buzzer and extra tank pressure channels make sense too, but I wouldn’t use those features myself. Good incremental update.

The Perdix 1 already has the ability to connect to 4 transmitters. The update was last Sept? or round about?

The metal face is nice, but really they could do us all a favor and include when you send it in for service like they do with the other dc they have (maybe the Petrel?) When you send that in they send it back with Ti faceplate.. I'm sure the buzzers will be great for CCR divers..

Haptic. Sometimes I don't hear super well, especially if I'm focusing on something- my ears tune things out. Couldn't tune out vibrations, though. Also, sometimes people have issues thinking their alarm is coming from another diver's computer/vice versa.

Haptic. Sometimes I don't hear super well, especially if I'm focusing on something- my ears tune things out. Couldn't tune out vibrations, though. Also, sometimes people have issues thinking their alarm is coming from another diver's computer/vice versa.
Audible alarms are the worst. Quite often, the diver with the alarm going off doesn't know it's their alarm. This is especially true in colder water when the diver is wearing a hood. But, also true in warmer water as well. Sound travels faster in water, so it's tougher to identify where the sound is coming from.

Haptic alarms are much better as it doesn't disturb other divers, and is very obvious that it's coming from your wrist.

Haptic alarms for CCR divers have a very specific purpose: to alert for low/high PPO2 levels.

Haptic alarms for CCR divers have a very specific purpose: to alert for low/high PPO2 levels.
Well then in that case, I’d prefer audible and visual LOL

Well then in that case, I’d prefer audible and visual LOL

You get visual on the computer(s) connected to the O2 sensors. Some units have a HUD (head’s up display) that is LED lights that will flash red when PPO2 is too low/high (also flash green and orange) Others have a Nerd 2 HUD that is like a wrist computer but it’s all right in your field of vision.

You’ve never been uw with audible alarms. Sound carries differently uw and often it’s difficult to tell if the sound is your computer or someone else’s. With the haptic, you can definitely tell it’s your computer.

Back
Top Bottom