What agencies teach deep stops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JessH

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I know that GUE seems to embrace them but what about everyone else?

I know that NAUI now recommends a deep stop(1/2 max depth for a minute or so) for NDL dives, so I would assume that they are using them for deco dives as well?

What about TDI and the others? If I took something like a deco procedures class what kind of profiles would they be teaching?

Thanks,
Jess

You forget IANTD....PADI DSAT
You mean deep diver or technical diving??

Jason Ooi:
You forget IANTD....PADI DSAT
You mean deep diver or technical diving??

Hmmmm.... could you please not place in one line IANTD and PADI?
:D
IANTD teaches deep stops as well a minimum deco
Mania

mania:
Mania
No problem!!!!....mania:wink:

JessH:
I know that GUE seems to embrace them but what about everyone else?

I know that NAUI now recommends a deep stop(1/2 max depth for a minute or so) for NDL dives, so I would assume that they are using them for deco dives as well?

What about TDI and the others? If I took something like a deco procedures class what kind of profiles would they be teaching?

Thanks,
Jess

ANDI uses RGBM for tables.. Thats part of the model..

padiscubapro:
ANDI uses RGBM for tables.. Thats part of the model..
But do they teach deep stops for non-deco dives? Do the ANDI RGBM tables call for deep stops even on dives without required decompression?

NAUI recommends a short deep stop at 1/2 depth, even on non-deco dives.

mania:
Mania

FYI, PADI (DSAT) teaches deep stops in its tec deep classes.

SSI is adopting "half depth stops" on recreational profiles - I expect everyone to do something similar within a year or two. I've been teaching it for years as a "good idea."
Rick

...and to think that the publisher of AquaCorps refused to run my add for training, because it included making 'deep stops' back in 1991...

How far we have come!

Charlie99:
But do they teach deep stops for non-deco dives? Do the ANDI RGBM tables call for deep stops even on dives without required decompression?

NAUI recommends a short deep stop at 1/2 depth, even on non-deco dives.

for non decompression dives, ANDI has always used a staggered ascent for all no stop required profiles.. with the first stop starting at 30fsw/9m, and additional stops at 20fsw/6m and 10fsw/3m

NAUI's non stop tables are strange with all sorts of restrictions... on recreational profiles none of the models (VPM, RGBM ect) call for a deep stop..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom