Whaling thread gone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
That's almost funny Archman. In a similar vein I have actually met people who didn't realize that eating a hotdog was actually eating a part of an animal. I'm not joking!

What do you mean "almost funny"? I've been telling that joke for years!

As for hotdogs, most of those things are so pumped full of chemicals and re-processed, calling them synthetic isn't too far from the truth. Like some of the odder Buddhist sects that involuntarily *embalmed* themselves through drinking toxic tea, I'm sure someone who lives off nothing but hot dogs will both please and gratify their future mortician.

archman:
I'm sure someone who lives off nothing but hot dogs will both please and gratify their future mortician.
:rofl:

Said the Mother to the new vegetarian boyfriend of her daughter - "So you don't eat meat....you DO eat sausages though don't you?"

archman:
What do you mean "almost funny"? I've been telling that joke for years!

As for hotdogs, most of those things are so pumped full of chemicals and re-processed, calling them synthetic isn't too far from the truth. Like some of the odder Buddhist sects that involuntarily *embalmed* themselves through drinking toxic tea, I'm sure someone who lives off nothing but hot dogs will both please and gratify their future mortician.
Hotdogs are just a condiment vehicle. That's why it seems a bit bizzare that they are sold in Asia without the bun. Kind of pointless IMO.

MoonWrasse:
Hotdogs are just a condiment vehicle. That's why it seems a bit bizzare that they are sold in Asia without the bun. Kind of pointless IMO.
I've never seen that in Japan. Here they always seem to be pre-packaged complete with bun, tomato sauce and mustard in a cellophane bag. They just throw them in a microwave to heat them up. Yetch!!!!!

Kim:
I've never seen that in Japan. Here they always seem to be pre-packaged complete with bun, tomato sauce and mustard in a cellophane bag. They just throw them in a microwave to heat them up. Yetch!!!!!

What, no onions? No Saurkraut? No relish?
What next, microwave sashimi?
Yech.

The best hot dogs in the states derive from 24-hour Gas Stations. When they've been slowly rotating on their heaters all day and take on that glossy sheen, you know you've got a winner. Don't forget to slap on some rubbery nacho cheeze from the pump next to the pickle jar. The mottled-looking sausage dogs are the best... they remind me of a burn victim. Yum.

Yep. Good for winter driving over the Sierras. Put a couple of them on the dash on top of the defrost vents, with a big gulp soda and some country music will help you navigate the blizzard.

Much better than what was served at the Donner party :wink:

MoonWrasse:
Much better than what was served at the Donner party :wink:

But that was all natural.

archman:
Don't forget to slap on some rubbery nacho cheeze from the pump

I don't know about on a hot dog, but I dream about that cheese on nachos! It's one of the first things I search out when I hit the States :D How sad is that? LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom