Whaling thread gone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
I don't know about on a hot dog, but I dream about that cheese on nachos! It's one of the first things I search out when I hit the States

What, there's no nacho cheeze in Australia?! That's messed up. I could have sworn that paragon of aussie culture,OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE, had nachos on the appetizer menu, but maybe they put that nasty vegetable paste atop the tortilla chips. Not that anyone here would know... all we ever order is the Bloomin' Onion.

Mmm... thinking about that batter-fried onion makes me feel australian already. Tie me kangaroo down, sport.

LOL the Outback isn't even Aussie as far as I know :)

No pretend cheese, no great pizza, the Pepsi tastes funny, can't get good Mexican, no donuts (they get the fried bread thing, but the subltties escape them), terrible fries (they call them chips)...man, I could go on. I LOVE coming home - all I do is eat :D

On the other hand, can't get good crumpets in the US :wink:

Yea what is up with that? One year in Oz and i never found a decent freakin nacho!!!

Well guys...while you have all been chatting about US/Aussie fast food I have been enjoying a nice Japanese yakitori meal in a local restaurant! Apart from the hotdog thing in the 24hr convenience stores the food is usually excellent! Fresh...varied....good for you.... (I've put on 12 kilos since moving to this country - I really need to diet!) There's a couple of things I refuse to eat but overall...life is good! :D

the bad thing about eating out in the states is that you can only get decent coffee at starbucks and the only good beer is european...I managed to refrain from typing the ONLY beer...

Actually having spent two weeks in florida earlier this year the only good food was ethnic and seafood...some of the ethnic stuff was a bit too americanized as well (read flavourless and fatty)...steakes were good though...

Mike Veitch:
Chicken yakitori or whale? :):):):):):):)
I didn't know they make a whale yakitori (tori means bird) but as it happens whale is one of the things I refuse to eat - along with horse. Although she never gets it these days my wife loves whale though. As it was how she was brought up and is part of her culture I feel that it's completely up to her and others shouldn't pass judgement. I realize that others disagree with that but I feel that they might find ways to argue the point with a few less insults and an appreciation that there are also things that they themselves do that others might not agree with.

KOMPRESSOR:
Hey, I've heard you can eat ants!? :D

Gotta go for the eggs. Taste like shrimp. Really. Said so on Discovery.

Kim:
I didn't know they make a whale yakitori (tori means bird) but as it happens whale is one of the things I refuse to eat - along with horse. Although she never gets it these days my wife loves whale though. As it was how she was brought up and is part of her culture I feel that it's completely up to her and others shouldn't pass judgement. I realize that others disagree with that but I feel that they might find ways to argue the point with a few less insults and an appreciation that there are also things that they themselves do that others might not agree with.

I was just kiddin Kim...i tend not to get involved in the political stuff...i'm just here for the sarcasm quotient

It was Alcina and the nachos that got me on this thread...

Mike Veitch:
I was just kiddin Kim...i tend not to get involved in the political stuff...i'm just here for the sarcasm quotient

It was Alcina and the nachos that got me on this thread...
I knew you were Mike! :D My comments were probably more for the benefit of others who seem to take it all a lot more seriously. eyebrow Anyway- as we are still waiting to hear the decision on the original thread maybe I should just shut up meantime! Actually - that wouldn't be a bad plan for everyone involved.eyebrow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom