Wetsuits... turns out, not so bad!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, it was great feeling so comfortable on the dive. The water temp doesnt concern me so much as the SI time though- but we just rolled down the top of the wetsuit, pulled on some ski-pants and a t-shirt and fleece and we were good. We also had a couple milk jugs full of warm water, but never felt the need to use them- maybe come winter though. But i think we are going to be fine, to be honest.

Just wait a bit until you've done a couple of dives during the day, had a good hot dinner and are planning to do a night dive, but the thought of putting your nice warm body back inside a cold, clammy wetsuit makes you decide that it would be a good night to watch TV or read:D

Or same as above, but it's the next morning, 42 degrees and foggy (or 50 degrees, overcast and windy), as it often is. It's those times when you really appreciate diving dry, especially getting into and walking around in your nice, comfy undergarment.

I love diving in a wetsuit in water temps of 60 deg. or above, and have been reasonably comfortable in 41 degrees as long as I kept moving, but if I'm going to be doing multiple long dives, dive multiple days and/or do a night or first thing in the morning repetitive dive in typical Monterey or Carmel weather, well, I'm very glad that I was able to start diving dry a couple of years ago. The SIs are the killers when diving wet. But then, my Scotch-Irish blood is much diluted, so even though I'm 'thrifty' I also like hot showers:D

Guy (happily effete)

Back
Top Bottom