Wetsuits and tall skinny guys.....Possible?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

makes custom suits. They are not cheap but the quality is superb. The neoprene is Rubatex so it won't compress to nothing at 80 feet. You can also get the rescue suit zippers which are really nice if you're using a thicker suit.

I just found/bought a wetusit by a little bit of dumb luck! I was at an lds just looking at what they had when I asked if they would have anything to fit me...they handed me TWO wetsuits to try on! I ended up with a 3mm Oneill 3000x farmer john with the firewall coating on the inside. Can't wait to try it out tommorow at Blue Springs!

Thank you everyone!
Adam

I have same problem -- tall and thin. I was using 5mm Henderson Hyperstretch, which was ok, but 5mm was way too thick for carribian. So I am getting rid of this one, and may opt for a 3mm or a 1.5mm microskin custom...

however, my question is where can I order a quility drysuit underguarments that could be fitted custom for me. any suggestions?

I have the same problem. These O'neill suits are great for tall, skinny guys, plus they are extremely high quality.

Hello All,

After a few years absence in the sport I am back! Now its time to get a little more serious than I was, I need a wetsuit and a bc. I think I have decided on the BC, a Zeagle Escape with the ripcord dumping system. Now here's my problem: I am 6' 6" 175lb...yeah I know I am skinny! I am having a few problems finding a full length wetsuit for spring diving and such around Florida...if your tall they assume you're a little wider than I am. I was thinking around a 3mm for the springs and I could use it down in the keys when it cools off a little also, any suggestions?

Thanks!
Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom