Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do a lot of diving in Laurel Lake. thermalcline (proubly not spelled right) is around 23 foot. Cant stay there long with out freezing. Im thinking about a 5 mil jump suit with back zip. May be hitting the springs think a 5 mil would be to much??

If Laural lake is anything like the quarry that I normally dive (Pennyroyal). A 5mil would be the very minimum to stay below the first thermocline. Right now it's at about 28'-30'. Below about 60' the quarry stays in the 40's year round with the bottom staying a pretty constant 43-44 degrees. If you want to go to the bottom and stay a while, you'll want more than 5mm of neoprene. Maybe a 5 and a hooded vest or a 7mil full suit plus a hood and some good gloves.

It's pretty tough to have one suit serve all of your needs, unless it's a drysuit where you can just change undergarments based on the conditions.

I can't add anything to what's been said except I have a 7mm semi dry suit that I would be willing to part with. Don't think I'll need it where I'm going. (Geez, that's gonna give a big opening to someone)

:rofl3: Naw, that's just TOO easy! :rofl3:

Yeah, that's why I like hanging out with this group. They don't swing at slow pitches very often. Well, actually there are many other reasons why I like this group. What a great bunch of people. I will find my way back to dive periodically. Good friends are hard to find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom