Wetsuit Upgrade?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On thing I found that helped me keep warm in my 7mm one peice contempo semi dry is wearing a lycra tank-top and spandex shorts. I also wore neoprene socks inside my booties. I have used the Bare 7MM ARCTIC SGS FULLSUIT and found I was warm and little water flushed in the suit because of the rubber seals in the calfs,wrists, and neck. But you can't wear a tucked hood because you will break that seal. A friend who used to dive the same bear suit used to tuck little heat gel packs under her armpits and by her hips. The Henderson's Gold suit http://www.hendersonusa.com/product_goldcore.html have a reflective lining that reflects your body heat back to you. They are a great suit for the price, and will last you a long time. I have since upgraded to a drysuit the underwear I wear is all fleece clothes from MEC. I wasn't going to spend $200+ on a one peice Hally rather have more options of layering and alot less bulk.

Firediver:
On thing I found that helped me keep warm in my 7mm one peice contempo semi dry is wearing a lycra tank-top and spandex shorts. I also wore neoprene socks inside my booties.

Good suggestions. I was planning on trying the neoprene socks. Next time in Vancouver I'm stopping by MEC, who have them. That's a very cheap addition, which could be used for other water activities as well.

As for the lycra tank top and spandex shorts... I hope you're a woman. I can't imagine too many guys having those in the closet. Well, perhaps in the 80s they would've been commonplace, but I'm a little young for that.

- ChillyWaters

I just got a flyer from Ocean Quest Water Sports in Burnaby. They're selling the Whites Pro Dry III for $50 less than Frank Whites Dive Stores' were during their grand re-opening sale. I think the prices are valid until the end of September. Both stores are "Premium Partner Plus" stores. Maybe it's just me, but I would have thought that Whites dive store would have the best price on Whites drysuits. :33:

SeanQ:
I just got a flyer from Ocean Quest Water Sports in Burnaby. They're selling the Whites Pro Dry III for $50 less than Frank Whites Dive Stores' were during their grand re-opening sale. I think the prices are valid until the end of September. Both stores are "Premium Partner Plus" stores. Maybe it's just me, but I would have thought that Whites dive store would have the best price on Whites drysuits. :33:

Isn't the "Whites" part of Frank Whites just a cooincidence? I thought that was the previous owner's name, that's all.

- ChillyWaters

JustinF:
I think Frank White Jr. is the owner of White's Drysuits. I think.

From another thread:
decompression:
If I may..........frank White Sr started the store way back when and then got into manufacturing.......sold the store later on.........but there is still a close tie. Still both high quality people and products. I sound like a salesman........

Go figure...

- ChillyWaters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom