Wetsuit layering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yah, I use 7mm full over a hooded vest for Monterey (5/3 I think). Some put the vest over but to me having just the neck as a water entry point seems better than allowing water to get between suit and vest from multiple locations. I use just the 7mm for the lakes and rivers during the summer. I have a 3/2 shortie that I might try under the 7mm some day.

Carl

With my 7 full/ 7 hooded vest I use 30#.

Cdiver2,
You're well hard mate :) Argghh freezing me danglies thinking about it.

Yeah, I only need 28lbs, but I'm not 100% certain of that yet. Probably need a tad more to be _truly_ comfortable at 15' during a safety stop.

dbulmer:
Cdiver2,
You're well hard mate :) Argghh freezing me danglies thinking about it.

My first open water dive, north east coast of NI in January.....in a 4mil farmer john.
I got hypothermia ( I think that's why I moved to Florida :D )

I use a 7 mm full suit with 3mm shorty over it then a hood. Good to 40F but the hands and feet will get cold.

Henderson Trilams really make a difference when worn under a wetsuit amd they don't change your bouyancy. I have played around with hooded vests, a core warmer/shorty and even a thin wetsuit, but have found nothing that works as well as my trilam - the best part is that you can add it for a second/third dive without changing your weighting.

I wore a 7mil. suit in Monterey and froze to death....well not quite to death....

My skinny wrists and ankles let so much of the Monterey Bay water ciculate through my suit I must have violated some thermal pollution laws...

Anyhow. Why doesnt anyone put SEALS(not the cute kind with whiskers and smelly fish breath) on a suit!!!!?? I know the Mares (Isotherm?) did.

Whenever I mention this to the LDS they look at me like I buy dive equipment of the internet...no, no...I mean they look at me like I have two heads....they always look at me like I buy dive equipment off the internet-yeah, that's it.

It's all about the water getting IN...not really how thick the suit is. WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT!!!!??? I feel like a lone voice crying in the wilderness....hahaha.........

I always threaten my wetsuit that I'm going to put latex or neoprene seals on it....

Back
Top Bottom