Wetsuit Knee Pads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I realize wetsuits have a finite lifespan, but my Velocity is quickly being destroyed by diving rocky shorelines.

Any recommendations for after market knee pads?

Has anyone tried using Plasti-cote or other similar liquid PVC tool-coating product to paint on pads? This is tough stuff and seems like a great solution as long as it adheres to neoprene. The thin pad coating on the Bare looks like it is applied as a liquid.

Try this.....

Pete

spectrum:
Try this.....

Pete

Novel idea... linking someone to their own thread...:11doh:

After I posted that the though of that crossed my mind but I said nahhhh why would he ask twice.

So the Trident and volleyball pads are the only solutions? What about the coating idea?

The coating will tend to rip the wetsuit at the edge of the knee pad. I have tried a lot of different things. The slip-on knee pads should be your first attempt.

dumpsterDiver:
The coating will tend to rip the wetsuit at the edge of the knee pad. I have tried a lot of different things. The slip-on knee pads should be your first attempt.
D.D.'s got it right. When you put a coating on all the flexing that the area of the coating used to have is now concentrated at the edge of the coating. In time that wears it out and the suit material fails.

dumpsterDiver:
I was afraid the coating solution was too good to be true. Looks like I'm back to the DIY slip on inner tube pads.

In the 80's when I dove Toledo Bend alot, I 'borrowed' my wife's old hs basketball knee pads.....After all, she had no more use for them.......

FishDiver:
I realize wetsuits have a finite lifespan, but my Velocity is quickly being destroyed by diving rocky shorelines.

Any recommendations for after market knee pads?

Has anyone tried using Plasti-cote or other similar liquid PVC tool-coating product to paint on pads? This is tough stuff and seems like a great solution as long as it adheres to neoprene. The thin pad coating on the Bare looks like it is applied as a liquid.

such a bargain!

Ken

http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=186593

;D

Back
Top Bottom