Wetsuit features

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taliesin58:
I am ordering a custom wetsuit from Hotwave, and I was wondering what features people think are good to have and which ones really aren't work the extra money.
Knee pads
Elbow pads
Arms zippers
Leg zippers
Pee zipper

Also, which do you prefer, front or back zipper?

My two cents...

I think knee pads are useful, not so much while diving but I find myself kneeling on boats or beaches sometimes. I don't think elbow pads are worth it.

Arm and leg zippers are very nice on a thick suit. Not necessary on a thinner suit. I don't have them on my 7mm and I wish I did. I wouldn't want them on a 3mm. I don't have a 5mm so I can't help you there.

A pee zipper is purely a question of squeemishness.

I prefer a back zipper, especially in a thicker suit. I think it is much easier to grab the shoulders and pull forward to get it off than to push backward. I was on a boat with a guy once who was struggling like mad with a 7mm front zip trying to get it off. Very funny.

Back
Top Bottom