West Palm Beach/PB Dive operators- Need boat/guide recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firebird2XC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all...

A dive buddy and I want to do some morning diving the first Saturday in September in West Palm Beach.

Can anybody recommend a good boat operator or guide in the area? We're tentatively hoping to do Juno Ledge, plus one or two other spots, if we can.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. We're both pretty new.

Jupiter Dive Center goes to the Juno area often; however, like all the dive operators around here, they decide in the morning exactly where they will go depending on reports of visibility, current and marine conditions. Jupiter Dive Center's boats are in Jupiter. I do the bulk of my diving with JDC

Narcosis also goes to the Juno area out of the marina in WPB/Rivera Beach. Their boat is pretty fast, so it does not take too long to get to the Juno area despite it being a bit of a hike from WPB. I've been out with Narcosis and it is a top notch operation too. It is one of my second choices (along the Jim Abernathy) when JDC is booked up.

In Jupiter, you can also check Scuba Works: I've not been out with their boat but many SB'ers really like the operation.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the leads! I appreciate it!

I went there a couple years ago. I used Jim Abernathy Scuba Adventures. JASA was the best and most professional dive boat I have been on to date. Shawn, the captain is one cool cat. They also give a nice pre dive briefing before each dive site. Have fun, hope this helps...

Can't go wrong with JDC or JASA. I didn't puke last time I was with JASA, so they get the nod. :D

Thanks, all. I wound up booking through Force-E.

... and what's with all the tales of seasickness I hear about? I'm lucky- I've never been prone to motionsickness.. but is it common out there?

Thanks, all. I wound up booking through Force-E.

... and what's with all the tales of seasickness I hear about? I'm lucky- I've never been prone to motionsickness.. but is it common out there?

Mostly depends on the person and a little bit on the boat (some boats roll more than others).

FWIW, I like http://www.littledeepercharters.com out Palm Beach.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom