"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey you, Mr. Please-Don’t-Let-Me-Be-a-Dork…we see you in your garage, ripping stickers off tanks and checking your gear config looking for anything that made the list of dorkness, obsessively reading this thread so you don’t pull any dork moves the next time you’re on a boat or at the beach. What you need to realize is, it’s not POSSIBLE to not be a dork. You’re either too young (nube), too old (fossil), too few dives (know-nothing) or too many dives (know-it-all), wrong dive philosophy, wrong technique, wrong equipment, drink too much beer or too much purple koolaid, your wetsuit’s too old or too new, or you’re just an all-purpose dork. There might be one or two divers on the planet who experienced moments of coolness, but even those were fleeting – maybe ten minutes out of their lives…then they passed into the world of dorkdom with the rest of us, for various reasons they can’t even identify. So stop worrying about others laughing at you and thinking you’re a dork, and accept that…well, yeah, they are. EMBRACE your dorkness. Stop obsessively posting to this thread to convince everyone you're in that ten-minute window (which right there puts you in the dork category no matter what). Wear your console with pride…clip a chicken to your D-ring…and get yerself underwater!

:D :D :D

Leejnd:
EMBRACE your dorkness. Stop obsessively posting to this thread to convince everyone you're in that ten-minute window (which right there puts you in the dork category no matter what). Wear your console with pride…clip a chicken to your D-ring…and get yerself underwater!:D :D :D

Leejnd: one of the best posts yet. I admit to my fossil dorkness. Getting U/W makes it all worthwhile.

Leejnd:
EMBRACE your dorkness. …and get yerself underwater!:D :D :D

I agree, best post so far... :D

Ya know, for me delusion and denial work best when it comes to dorkness... :wink:

... just please don't laugh at me, I'm very insecure... :(

Garsh...thanks! A few more accolades might even make a small dent in my own massive array of insecurities! Well...come to think of it...nah. Too many of 'em. They rule me. I wouldn't know what to do without 'em.

Leejnd:
obsessively reading this thread so you don’t pull any dork moves the next time you’re on a boat or at the beach. too young (nube), Wear your console with pride… …and get yerself underwater!

WOW! Did you peek while I was chaning?? LOL. Thanks for that. It really helps us noobs (who are really not all that young) not feel too out of the 10 minute loop. :D

Leejnd:
…clip a chicken to your D-ring…and get yerself underwater!

I'm back in the Chicken business!!! LeeAnne said so!!!

WooooHoooo! :yeahbaby:

It's been so long.....

~~~~
'Dette

HBDiveGirl:
Well...don't take my word for it...hell my kids won't even listen to me, much less any grownups!

HBDiveGirl:

WooooHoooo! :yeahbaby:

It's been so long.....

~~~~
'Dette

Hey Dette you better be wearing that chicken this Sat.:rofl3:

John

Firesign Theater: We're all dorks on this bus.

Hint: It's yellow and short

2708_1.jpg

If the bus looks like this Im all in!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom