"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you pay money to ScubaBoard you can become a sponsor and then no one can add you their ignore list. This helps you belittle DIR divers who advocate a style of diving inconsisent with promoting your product line.

This is the SoCal forum and yes there are a lot of DIR divers here and yes we are a growing community with a lot of divers under 200 dives.

What's your point NoCal Sponsor Person Who Cannot be Ignored? Do we go onto NoCal and hijack your threads? I don't think so.

Jim

mdb:
When someone calls someone a "dork" they are themselves the ultimate "Dork". They know it.

And the irony of this statement stands as testament to your ultimate-ness.:D

Robert Phillips:
And the irony of this statement stands as testament to your ultimate-ness.:D

When the Dorks are calling Dorks, Dorks, it is a very amusing thread. Not surprising. :)

capped myself.

This blast was too harsh, even for me.

---
ken

c,mon ken, blast away... Since when did you get cold feet? Or did your dorky "Dry" suit leak again and shrivel your manhood? Let's get this thread back on target...

Mr. Hang at the dive spot and drink all day while others dive, yes you, sponge boy. There you are at the top of the hill drinking whatever was on sale at valu plus, and giving people advice in your slurred voice with blurry eyes, lush. Your liver gets wetter than your gear most day's. You choose to spew unwarranted criticisms to anybody around and then can't even find your key's cuz ur so drunk, stumbling fool. Then you drive away to possibly injure someone or worse while your driving drunk after giving us safety tips, Alki loser. So c'mon Barney, a beer or three is fine, but next time you drink a twelvie then hop in your car we'll all laugh while watching you get busted for DUI and you'll look like a dork.

I guess Mr. Apollo Sponsor has no point - just trying to protect his market share by hijacking a thread that might - if left to its original theme - say things like (for example), "If you manufacture scuba gear that makes your customers look like a bunch of dorks, we will ignore them becuase its your fault, and we will laugh at you and call you the Dork King - sort of a scuba version of the Mattress King".

Specific bio-dork product numbers and dorkiness rankings will follow every subsequent put down or hijack post from King Sponsor Dork. They will be very good and all will contain the words "dork" and "laugh" - per title of this thread.

In ANOTHER effort to bring this back to the funny side (yes, even this newbie who resembles quite a few of your Dorkisms would much rather see that than the personal conversation).

Hey you Mr. Chain-Smoking Instructor. While you sit there and Yammer about where you are from, what you have done, and how instead of a productive career as a Space Shuttle engineer chose to live as an Instructor in some 3rd world country, you pop one Camel Filterless in your still yapping maw after another.

So, go ahead and work your way through 1/2 a pack of coffin nails while you expound on the benefits of good physical fitness as it relates to better diving and longer bottom times while at the same time telling us not to smoke "But" you will laugh "every instructor smokes." Not so, Mr. King of the yellow smiles. Go ahead and light up another one and we'll laugh at you ...yes, even this newbie...and you will look like a dork.

Good post Scott T. Hope to see you at one of the Wrinkles Beach Dives. I used to be a volunteer fire fighter and I never, ever thought the pros looked like dorks.

Jim

There once was a diver name Stanley
Who thought his spear made him manly,

He had way too much weight,
Not to mention he just ate,

And sank like a bowl full of sand(y).

As Stanley quickly dropped down,
With his “manly” spear and a frown,

He kicked up much soot,
And shot his own foot,

What a dork who looked like a clown!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/