"...we'll laugh at you and you'll look like a dork." - the Split

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2653782130.jpg

3070246513.jpg

This is what happens when Lobster season ends!!!

You started a very nice thread. A bit biting, but fun. Some of the folks are a bit offended about "Well when you are making a dive on a nice calm SO. Cal beach and you look like moon man with all your doubles and stage bottles, and can lights etc. We will laugh at you since you look like a dork"

Of course we know that these divers are just doing their skills and drills etc. Good for them. At least they are diving.

I like the "take only what you need school of diving". That is just me. There is plenty of room for us all.

I started diving in San Diego, lived in La Jolla, Redondo, Manhattan, and Hermosa beach. Lots of good shore diving, boston whaler rides to Catalina, good boat dives from San Diego to Santa Barbara. The home of US diving is So. Cal.

Good on you all.

LAJim:
If you pay money to ScubaBoard you can become a sponsor and then no one can add you their ignore list. This helps you belittle DIR divers who advocate a style of diving inconsisent with promoting your product line.
Jim
Yea Jim, its a funny thing how you can't put these duplicitous fools on ignore.

Back to my cave,
Chris

mdb:
You started a very nice thread. A bit biting, but fun. Some of the folks are a bit offended about "Well when you are making a dive on a nice calm SO. Cal beach and you look like moon man with all your doubles and stage bottles, and can lights etc. We will laugh at you since you look like a dork"

Of course we know that these divers are just doing their skills and drills etc. Good for them. At least they are diving.

I like the "take only what you need school of diving". That is just me. There is plenty of room for us all.

I started diving in San Diego, lived in La Jolla, Redondo, Manhattan, and Hermosa beach. Lots of good shore diving, boston whaler rides to Catalina, good boat dives from San Diego to Santa Barbara. The home of US diving is So. Cal.

Good on you all.

Hi mdb,
don't even bother with these guys, the OP originator Robert something another has sent me several extremely sarcastic threatning PM's demanding that I not post on this string again, he says he and his "dork" club hate me and and I should go away.
I believe this is some kind of occult they are trying to kick off and he is their "leader"
They do seem EXTREMELY insecure! Also very frustrated!!

Look here fishy boy, while I'm just assuming here, you were probably told to swim away because you still don't get the theme of this thread (not string, clownfish). It's about poking fun at certain things divers do in good humor. From the start you never got it and started typin all yo smack about SoCal, you never once brought it with anything remotely funny in the theme of the thread. Just a bunch of lamintations about how cool you used to be in the 70's before you had to bail out of here cuz you couldn't hang. When that didn't fly you start with personal attacks, the last refuge of a witless humorless person. Get a clue, we don't miss you. Anyone from anywhere is welcome to post here but it should at least be funny and semi on topic, take an example from the east coast brethren in earlier posts. So Buh Bye, you should just swim yo scaly self (what is that flaking off of you by the way?) out of here unless you wanna bring something funny and not get all butt hurt about things you obviously don't understand, like how funny this whole thing is and that we are laughing as much at ourselves as we are at others.

FishTaco:
Back to my cave,
Chris
Are you Cave certified, Mr. Taco :confused: ? Or at least Cavern??? Don't make me come back there and check your tie-offs :no .

Don't go poking 'round where you oughtn't be, or we'll...... :ssst:

"Back to my cave..." :D

Thank you for today's first truely happy laugh... I'll likely borrow it throughout the day :crafty: .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hbIcanStillSeeAlittleBlueLightFromHere'Chica :wink:

FishTaco:
Back to my cave,
Chris

You've got a cave? And you haven't shown it to me? I'm hurt. Is it because I had less than 120 lbs of gear on last time you saw me? I've changed. I promise. We'll be laughing together next time.

Now, where's the bloody cave!

Jim

mdb:
The home of US diving is So. Cal.

Good on you all.

What is this?
Is it an olive branch?
Cause if it is, we'll all... well you know the rest.

Milo

ScubaMilo:
What is this?
Is it an olive branch?
Cause if it is, we'll all... well you know the rest. Milo

No olive branch, just the facts-as Jack Web would say. And, of course, I do know the rest. I spent 15 years in So. Cal. I enjoyed the diving. Made lots of trips out of Long Beach, Redondo Harbor etc. I try to do 3-4 boat trips a year out of San Diego and Santa Barbara. Also enjoy the diving in Baja. My first SCUBA job was with an old company called Healthways, up by LAX. SCUBA-PRO was a spin off from Healthways. Anyhow, I still like So.Cal and this thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom