Well, it looks like the swell model rules out LACal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation:
This AM was amazing at Vets. Clear, calm ankle slappers.

As we're gearing up, saw a Gray Whale making its way slowly up the coast - between the pier and the Sea Lion Buoy. I've never seen a Whale so close to shore, and surely never seen one at Vets.

It was a show stopper - everyone on the beach, the whale watching boat that just left the harbor, the divers... everyone with a pulse saw it. It blew several times, went under for about 5 minutes, came up, blew several more times then fluked RIGHT OVER THE SQUID EGGS.

We got in the water and motored out to 110, but never saw it.

When we came back up, we saw another one further south. Unreal.

What a perfect day. Swell reports... whatever. It was beautiful, flat, clear. More like week before last, and nothing like Wed or Thursday nights.

More later in the dive report.

---
Ken
That'll learn me to trust them durn things!:11: Too late to change things now. Regrets, regrets...:(

I'm sure we're gonna have an awesome dive, brah. It's not often folks get a chance to expore the outer reaches of one of So Cal's premier shore dives. Here's to the spirit of exploration :cheers:

riguerin:
I'm sure we're gonna have an awesome dive, brah. It's not often folks get a chance to expore the outer reaches of one of So Cal's premier shore dives. Here's to the spirit of exploration :cheers:
Oh yeah! Last year at this time there was a nice carpeting of squid eggs on the outer areas of Deadmans so we may see them.

Robert Phillips:
Oh yeah! Last year at this time there was a nice carpeting of squid eggs on the outer areas of Deadmans so we may see them.

Chica and I usually go to OML on Sat AM's. We'd surely take a trip to dive DeadMans with you guys on a Sat.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Chica and I usually go to OML on Sat AM's. We'd surely take a trip to dive DeadMans with you guys on a Sat.

---
Ken

I interviewing for a new position at work (promotion/transfer) that I am fairly confident I will get that will give me weekends off.:D
Then I will get to participate in these things called Saturdays I keep hearing so much about.:eyebrow:

Mo2vation:
As we're gearing up, saw a Gray Whale making its way slowly up the coast - between the pier and the Sea Lion Buoy. I've never seen a Whale so close to shore, and surely never seen one at Vets.

There's been reports of jueveline gray whale encounters coming from La Jolla for the past couple weeks. First at the Cove ... more recently at the shores. Check out these links:

http://week.divebums.com/2007/Jan22-2007/index.html

http://www.reals.net/2007/02/03/dive-report-la-jolla-shores-saturday-9am-whale-pictures

Now how cool would that be ?

Anyway, we didn't see any whales or even squid eggs this morning at Deadman's. We just had a normal totally freak'n awesome 90 min dive ! Thanks Rob and Fredric ! :rocker:

Oh, I almost forgot ... my light worked perfectly ! Stayed on for the entire dive
woot.gif

Hey Ken you & Dette have all the luck, I'm going to start tailing you.

John

Back
Top Bottom