Well, it looks like the swell model rules out LACal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I will be diving in OC on Sunday. Last year there was squid sign on the outside of Deadmans Reef. I think I'll give it a shot. I doubt it is anything close to Redondo, but I don;t like consistent overhead closeout sets breaking when I am trying to dive.
Who wants to head out to 85' on the outside of Deadmans with me on Sunday morning?

Robert Phillips:
So I will be diving in OC on Sunday. Last year there was squid sign on the outside of Deadmans Reef. I think I'll give it a shot. I doubt it is anything close to Redondo, but I don;t like consistent overhead closeout sets breaking when I am trying to dive.
Who wants to head out to 85' on the outside of Deadmans with me on Sunday morning?

Right on, bro ... I'm down with it. Name the time.

FYI, Milo and I were talking about going back to Redondo Mon night ... any chance you can make it ?

I've got a meeting Monday night - but conditions look extra great for Tuesday night - any interest in hitting Redondo then? How much gas do I need to make the Deadman's dive? I use a 130 but if I'm going far and deep with the doubles crew that might not be enough?

Jim

riguerin:
Right on, bro ... I'm down with it. Name the time.

6:45-7:00 sound good for you?

FYI, Milo and I were talking about going back to Redondo Mon night ... any chance you can make it ?
Spousal issues prohibit me from being able to dive anytime after... anytime(especially after the sun sets.) It's a wonder I even get to dive at all!:shakehead

Robert Phillips:
6:45-7:00 sound good for you?

I just need to confirm child care services with sister. I still have 140 cuft of 30% left from our Redondo dive. What do you have in mind ?

riguerin:
I just need to confirm child care services with sister. I still have 140 cuft of 30% left from our Redondo dive. What do you have in mind ?
Surface swim out to the reef, drop down, head out to the 80 to 85' range at the Shrine and see if there are any squid signs. If not, we can cruise around to the inside and look at the sights.

Another good reason to dive Catalina's calm leeward side! How many times do I have to tell y'all?

drbill:
Another good reason to dive Catalina's calm leeward side! How many times do I have to tell y'all?
20 minutes to the beach, home by 11:00, spend $10.00 maximum (fill the doubles with nitrox after the dive) and the wife not *****ing at me for 'spending the whole day diving' or 2.5 hours to the beach, home at 6:00PM, spend $100 minimum and have the wife ***** at me for 'spending the whole day diving'.
Decisions, decisions!:confused:

But there are the Hood Rats!:D

Tonight sucked.

The surf was much more accomodating - a lot easier to get in and out than last night. But the vis was down to 2 - 4 feet. Last night was much better, and last week, of course, was gin-clear for this place.

Weak. I'm taking tomorrow off, and gonna dry out. I'll try OML on Sat Am.

There were several OCals here tonight - too bad we couldn't roll out the great viz for 'em... this is why everyone needed to mobilize when dette and I saw the run begin last Thursday. Its been going down hill ever since.

Fingers crossed for next week.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Tonight sucked.

The surf was much more accomodating - a lot easier to get in and out than last night. But the vis was down to 2 - 4 feet. Last night was much better, and last week, of course, was gin-clear for this place.

Weak. I'm taking tomorrow off, and gonna dry out. I'll try OML on Sat Am.

There were several OCals here tonight - too bad we couldn't roll out the great viz for 'em... this is why everyone needed to mobilize when dette and I saw the run begin last Thursday. Its been going down hill ever since.

Fingers crossed for next week.

---
Ken

LOL. We thought entry was cake, viz decent last night. Exit was a little more challenging in doub's.

Exit went down like this : Couldn't touch ... kick ... still couldn't touch ... kick kick ... still couldn't touch (we're in a small rip) ... kick kick kick madly ... kick kick kick madly some more. Finally touch :D

Remove a fin ... duck dive waves. Clean up set hits and drains out. Left high and dry in knee deep water. Kneel down and take a couple on the head. Take off other fin. Can't touch. Oh $hit ! What now ? Straggler wave pushes us in. Thank God, it was only small scale, short period wind energy last night.

So, are you in for Deadman's on Sunday ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom