Well, it looks like the swell model rules out LACal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riguerin:
LOL. We thought entry was cake, viz decent last night. Exit was a little more challenging in doub's.

It went down like this : Couldn't touch ... kick ... still couldn't touch ... kick kick ... still couldn't touch (we're in a small rip) ... kick kick kick madly ... kick kick kick madly some more. Finally touch :D

Remove a fin ... duck dive waves. Clean up set hits and drains out. Left high and dry in knee deep water. Kneel down and take a couple on the head. Take off other fin. Can't touch. Oh $hit ! What now ? Thank God, it was only 2 ft last night, you pansies ;-)

So, are you in for Deadman's on Sunday ?

Last night, Dette and I were in very early - like 4:30 PM. Wind was still howling and the surf was up. It was much mellower when we exited at 5:50 PM. It was laying down for the night crew last night.

The trough at Vets is a killer. Its a fakey exit. You think you're out, then BAM you trip in the trough... I don't inflate my wing until I get to it... I sort of take giant steps tippy toeing until I get to it - then I inflate and tuck up my knees and let an incoming roller lift me over the trough. I extend the legs onto the sand, stand up, throw my hands (with 1 fin in each hand) back like Mary Lou Retton then bound out of the surf.

:)

Deadmans - I wish. Sunday's I'm not free to dive until after 1:00 PM.

Ran into Milo and the gang tonight on the way out. Chica and I got pinned in the SECONG trough in the soft sand. I got pulled down and it took me a moment to get my footing. She gave up and came out on her knees tight as Milo and the OCal three walked up.

I can't wait to hear how much the viz sucked!!!

Mo2vation:
Chica and I got pinned in the SECONG trough in the soft sand. I got pulled down and it took me a moment to get my footing. She gave up and came out on her knees tight as Milo and the OCal three walked up.

Rule numbah six, brah :D Get your @$$ down here sometime and bring the chica.

riguerin:
Rule numbah six, brah :D Get your @$$ down here sometime and bring the chica.

he and the crew were all looking down onto us, "you guys OK"

We're all totally breathless, saying "uh (puff puff) yeah (puff puff) no worries (puff puff)... oh, Milo! What up (puff puff)..."

Its was sort of like that. Not our finest hour.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
he and the crew were all looking down onto us, "you guys OK"

We're all totally breathless, saying "uh (puff puff) yeah (puff puff) no worries (puff puff)... oh, Milo! What up (puff puff)..."

Its was sort of like that. Not our finest hour.

---
Ken

Priceless :D Hope you folks can make down here sometime soon.

Robert, still need to check with sister.

Gotta admit, you folks that dive the surf are undoubtedly much better divers than I am. I guess decades of diving our leeward side and off dive boats have made me a softy.

OK Roberto ... I'm in for sure.
woot.gif

riguerin:
OK Roberto ... I'm in for sure.
woot.gif
[Eric Cartman voice] Sweeet![/Eric Cartman voice]

I'm in - will try to get a generous fill on the 130. 6:45 or 7.

Jim

OK, I plan to arrive between 6:45 and 7am with 140 cuft of 30% and my recently repaired Salvo light.

This AM was amazing at Vets. Clear, calm ankle slappers.

As we're gearing up, saw a Gray Whale making its way slowly up the coast - between the pier and the Sea Lion Buoy. I've never seen a Whale so close to shore, and surely never seen one at Vets.

It was a show stopper - everyone on the beach, the whale watching boat that just left the harbor, the divers... everyone with a pulse saw it. It blew several times, went under for about 5 minutes, came up, blew several more times then fluked RIGHT OVER THE SQUID EGGS.

We got in the water and motored out to 110, but never saw it.

When we came back up, we saw another one further south. Unreal.

What a perfect day. Swell reports... whatever. It was beautiful, flat, clear. More like week before last, and nothing like Wed or Thursday nights.

More later in the dive report.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom