Well doesn't that just suck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seriously, I am glad to hear that there were no serious injuries. The picture shows that the grill is missing? Is that from the hood or was there damage from something previous??

Crispy, the grill is somewhere on the freeway actually. It came flying off in this whole fiasco.

I'm sorry to hear about your car too Raven.

happen when the rope that holds my hood
down broke! :wacko:

Arnaud once bubbled...
Well, maybe you're going to need a good attorney.

NEW ?

Thanks for the compliment, but I'd be lost in a products liability suit. I would, however, be happy to run an inquiry on attorney's in the area who could handle it, particularly if you get any flack from the dealer or the insurance carrier.

Actually, no need. I just saw the Lawman's from Michigan. Its my impression that he has some serious trial experience, including trials in the state court (mine are almost all federal).

Once again, glad you're OK.

This is NOT a legal advertisement.

Well after a few phone calls today, the truck is being taken care of by my local dealer. There was in fact a recall of the hood latches. Not only are they doing the repairs free of charge but they are paying for the towing as well. Best of all, I don't have to involve the insurance company and I should have my truck back by this time next week. Would be nice if they gave me a rental though.

jepuskar once bubbled...
I am offended by that pic, so this thread should be closed.

Yeah.... Well..... I'm offended by your offense. So you should be banned.

Score, go ahead and ask. They certainly should be willing to provide one.

I'm on the phone, actually on hold, with customer service right now. They are checking the supervisory ranks on the rental.:rolleyes:

You should have seen me explaining to my insurance company that an eagle had flown into my windshield!
I was driving down the road at about 45 mph right on a stretch of road that is open to the ocean, and this big freakin' bald eagle came swooping down and apparently didn't see me (until the last second).
It smashed into my windshield, dented the roof of my truck (bent my antenna too!). It was a pain in the b-hind to say the least.

No, the eagle didn't make it.
No, the insurance didn't pay for it - they actually called it an "act of god".....gimme a break!

That happened to me onec - still living at home in 1987. My dad thought he'd do me a favor and check my oil-never shut the hood right. Scared the heck out of me going 45mph down Grand River in Detroit. Glad u are both OK.

Hey SCORE my husband is a Chevy dealer, I might be able to hook you up :) Glad you're both OK and happy to hear the dealer is taking care of you.
Ber :bunny:

Glad everyone is ok & dealer is handling the situation.

Raven - did the deer herd run into your car? That sounds like fun. Glad no one was hurt. Statistically I think I read deer cause about 200 fatalities a year. Nothing like 150 pounds of Bambi coming through the windshield onto your lap. I had a fawn crash into my side door while I was sitting at a stop sign once, bounced back, fell into the grass, stunned. Got up, trotted off. Stupid thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom