Well doesn't that just suck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterborne

Contributor
Reaction score
So I'm driving my truck last night, just minding my own business, when my hood decides to come unlatched at 75mph. Apparently there is a recall on these hood latches. My buddy and I are fine just a couple of glass scratches but I think I need to clean the seat were he was sitting! It figures, something like this will happen three weeks before I go off to school.

WOW. You're right. You are lucky. Glad you're both OK.

If you don't mind, what type of truck were you driving? We have a Ford and I am curious whether it might be subject to the recall.

It's a 95 Dodge Ram. This ought to be an interesting phone call to the dealer in the morning:D

I have a Ford Explorer and there was a recall something like 2 years ago for this very problem. The recall notice stated that it could happen at high speed. It took them about 2 minutes to replace the part.

I wish it was that easy now. I bought the truck used from the dealer but I never got anything about a recall. My brother told me about it and said I should call them in the morning.

Well, maybe you're going to need a good attorney.

NEW ?

Stupid dodge...my friend had one in High School, his came off on the highway, but didn't cause as much damage. His entire hood broke off. Glad to see you are both O.K.

Score....

Don't you mean you were going down the rode at 55 mph..... yeah that's right it was 55mph, just like the sign said. hehehe

Seriously, I am glad to hear that there were no serious injuries. The picture shows that the grill is missing? Is that from the hood or was there damage from something previous??

just curious.

-Crispy

I am glad you are OK. I guess I shouldn't feel so bad about my car getting hit by a herd of deer last Tuesday night coming home from SJ's BD. I love my car. :( SeaJay and I were commenting on how bad it looked last night but not as bad as yours. The cool thing is that we were OK and the insurance company has been great so far. I think the fur left behind helped though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom