Weird skin hit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok, dove a single dive, time in 11:18 out 11:53 pm, initially shallow (15-20 feet) down to 69 feet max depth. Had one bounce to 10 feet, but immediately back down to depth (at 40 feet). Normal ascent (1 FPS) from 30 feet. Total bottom time 35 minutes. Temp 44 diving a dry suit with wet gloves.

Average depth was 31 feet.

Had cramps in both calves at the start of the dive, but was able to correct them with stretches and the rest of the dive was fine. We did a long surface swim back (I was diving double 80's and was down to 500 PSI from 1750 PSI (second dive on this set of doubles), one of the buddies was down to 500 on a single so we came back on the surface).

No symptoms after the dive, my calves were sore and tight but after the cramps and the long surface swim didn't think anything of it.

Now tonight (first noticed it about 7pm) the large knuckle on my right hand is sore, can feel the crackling sensation when rubbed and what appears to be bubbles under the skin. No other symptoms apparent anywhere else (calves are still sore, but that has happened before).

Should I be concerned?

Mike

Just did. They didn't seem concerned since the knuckle was the only pain and no other symptoms were present. Said to just monitor it and if the pain persisted to contact my Doctor.

Mike

It is still pretty weird...you move the skin back and forth over the area and it feels crackly underneath...the pain is less this morning.

Ok, now no pain, no weird crackling...just a little tenderness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom