Anyone experience weird residual DCS symptoms before?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it intriguing as well because it’s so bizarre. I wish most my doctors did instead of just rushing me out of the office saying I was healthy because I was too young. The fear was on another level, I’ve actually lost most my hair from the stress. Didn’t know that was a thing either. Doctor Google will tell you all the wrong things. It’s just crazy to me that some symptoms didn’t even start till week 3. Unsure if the flying is what made that happen. But still my flights were far too late for DCS. 4 days after hyperbaric and then 2 weeks later for my emergency flight home. After that flight is when I was in my worse condition. The pain was so intense I had trouble walking and couldn’t even carry my bag because my arms were rubber.

Makes me think severe Type 2 with the level of those symptoms, but at the same time with it being that delayed it just doesn’t make sense. From everything I’ve read if it’s gonna be severe you’re gonna know within hours of diving. So then it’s just a mild case. A mystery I don’t think I’ll ever have an answer for
Have you been back in the water since?
I was unfortunate enough to have a major type 1 (neurological) 7yrs ago, I’ve never been quite the same since, it was more frightening after they new I would live as up to that point I was so out of it I literally had no understanding of anything it took months to start feeling anything like normal, so I know exactly how frightening it can be, I am now 98% right in myself.
I hope this stage passes for you, as I’ve said I have big sympathy.

Imho, it is highly unlikely that this has anything to do with diving. Onset off symptoms are borderline late and the dive profiles are not having significant insult. Do you have a history of panic attack or anxiety? Speak to a psychologist..

Have you been back in the water since?
I was unfortunate enough to have a major type 1 (neurological) 7yrs ago, I’ve never been quite the same since, it was more frightening after they new I would live as up to that point I was so out of it I literally had no understanding of anything it took months to start feeling anything like normal, so I know exactly how frightening it can be, I am now 98% right in myself.
I hope this stage passes for you, as I’ve said I have big sympathy.
The scare was enough even if it is not diving related, I will never dive again. I’m starting to feel mostly normal now which has been a huge relief. I’d put me at about 90% normal now. Still can’t play sports because of my ankles. But I can basically anything else. I’m highly confident now that I should be back to 100% in the next 2 months. Yours sounded like it hit pretty hard. What was your situation?

Imho, it is highly unlikely that this has anything to do with diving. Onset off symptoms are borderline late and the dive profiles are not having significant insult. Do you have a history of panic attack or anxiety? Speak to a psychologist..
I’ve had one episode in my life where I had really bad anxiety that caused a decent amount of arm and leg numbness for a few weeks. But this was on another level. I didn’t get anxiety from this till after the symptoms starred. Im sure the anxiety didn’t help but most if not all of this symptoms were from something else. I had some many other symptoms that I haven’t mentioned. I had really bad hand mottling for 2 months and tremors and intense cramps for about 3 weeks that started a month in. I’ve had physical pain from anxiety but this is physical damage that’s lingered for far too long. My ankles hurt like ****. Whatever it was, it was a nasty one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom